Income Transactions not Being Downloaded

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Web version won't download transactions past the 1st of the year..

Comments

• Since July, Quicken s not downloading income transactions, most of which are Wells Fargo. Help!!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Nancy Berger,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help>About Quicken. You said, "most of which are Wells Fargo", what are the other Financial Institutions that you are experiencing this with? What are the connection methods with these FIs? What occurs when attempting to download transactions or do a One Step Update?

I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since July, Quicken s not downloading income transactions, most of which are Wells Fargo. Help!!

Are you automatically accepting downloaded transactions into your registers?

If you are relying on Quicken to "automagically" fill your account registers from downloaded transactions, you may run into problems. Despite all efforts by the Quicken programmers, the "Autopilot" (that's my name for the part of the Quicken program which processes downloaded transactions and converts them into new register transactions) is not infallible. For that process to work 100% of the time one would need a crystal ball because the information downloaded from the banks often is just too terse and cryptic.

You should, at least for a while, turn off the "automatically accept downloaded transactions into registers" setting to gain better control over what actually is downloaded and what Quicken should do with it.
    It's quite possible that Quicken mismatches a downloaded transaction to an older, previously downloaded and accepted register transaction instead of creating a new transaction.

Are these income transactions paychecks which require a complicated set of category splits for gross pay, deductions and retirement account transfers?
    In that case I recommend you record these income transactions into your registers using scheduled reminders with all the category splits, and that you do so a day or two before the deposit appears in your bank account. When you do the next download, this will make it possible for the Autopilot to match the downloaded transaction to the one you just entered and not make any other mistakes.

This discussion has been closed.