Canada - Mutual Funds not Updating (WIN) [Edited]

Answers

• Gerry M.
    Gerry M. Member
    Sorry, that should be March 24.
  • WQ1
    WQ1 Member ✭✭
    Every evening I update the prices of my holdings in my investment accounts. I have been doing this for years without issue. the last complete price update was on March 24, 2022. The prices for my mutual funds did not update on March 25 or on March 28. I ried again to day without success. I contacted Quicken support for assistance with this issue. The support rep walked me through a fie validation and several attempts to reinstall the backup file. None of her suggestions worked. I asked to have my issue escalated to someone else but she refused to to that. The Quicken community forum has a number of people with the very same issue. To compound my frustration she wanted me to contact the banking institution that is affiliated with my mutual funds. I told her there was none. She asked how the investments came to be listed in Quicken. I told her I entered them manually, and entered every dividend payment or reinvestment manually. She claimed I had made errors and would have to correct them. When I pointed out to her that I needed to talk with someone else she again refused. I told her the problem that I and others were having was with Quicken and not the user. Eventually, she told me to hang on while she checked with someone else. After a very long wait, my call was dropped.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @WQ1,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • ahartviksen
    ahartviksen Member ✭✭
    Every day I update the prices of my holdings in my investment accounts. I have been doing this for over 20 years without issue. My last complete price update was on March 24, 2022. The prices for my Canadian mutual funds did not update on March 25 or on March 28. I tried again this morning without success. Is a solution available?
  • Triple J
    Triple J Member
    I do have the same problem also. I am a Canadian user using the latest Quicken Canadian version
  • Gerry M.
    Gerry M. Member
    edited March 29
    I have the same problem, last update to mutual fund prices Mar 24, 2022. [Removed - Speculation/Rant]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on a solution available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • @l12
    @l12 Member
    I share the pain of WQI and other users. Fortunately, I read the comment from WQI, so there is no need for me to call customer support. It is just impractical to manually enter mutual funds prices every day, and the Quicken software is virtually useless to me from this point.
  • ahartery
    ahartery Member ✭✭
    I see the mutual funds updated at least for March 28th. I assume someone found the issue.
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    Hi all ..... not all mutual funds are uploaded, I just checked BMO70151 and is not updated .
  • @l12
    @l12 Member
    Mutual funds prices still missing for Mar 25, 2022.
  • Looks like it's fixed - fingers crossed!
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    sorry @ KerryForest00000 is not fixed ... several mutual funds are not uploaded
  • WQ1
    WQ1 Member ✭✭
    I want to thank Quicken Anja for her prompt response to my last posting. The problem we have been having with updating our Canadian mutual fund prices is being investigated. What is disappointing is that Quicken does not provide a toll-free 1-800 number for contacting support, especially from Canada. My two calls to technical support were routed to Palo Alto, California and lasted 93 minutes at long distance rates. My telephone provider told me the long distance charge will be $45.00. My last conversation with a Quicken support rep went much better. He went through the same remedial measures with the same results. The difference was he listened to me, went on the community forum site to verify that others were having the same problem, recognized that this is not a user-caused failure and he gave me a case number.
  • GJ_Walker
    GJ_Walker Member
    As of 5:30 EDT on Mar 29th the mutual funds are updating for me. Anyone else try to update yet?
  • GJ_Walker
    GJ_Walker Member
    It seems I spoke too soon. Only stocks are updating, not mutual funds. Trouble condition remains the same.
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    edited March 29
    since no one has provided a troubleshooter allow me to give you a simple one.
    check the morningstart web site, if mutual fund is there, now check Quicken web site. if mutual fund is not there, then the mutual fun has not been uploaded to Quicken
    example: uploaded mutual fund for Bank of montreal
    https://www.morningstar.ca/ca/report/fund/performance.aspx?t=0P0000VX9P&[email protected]&lang=en-CA
    since fund is present , now check Quicken
    https://www.quicken.com/investing/mutual-funds/MUTUAL:BMO70151/BMO-Investments-Inc
    since fund is not present, then it is not uploaded !!!!!
  • RSC2030
    RSC2030 Member ✭✭
    All my March 28th prices now seem to be loading, but when I try and update a fund price for say... the last 5 days, the 25th prices remain missing. I almost wonder if the data source (Morningstar) is simply missing the 25th data and that's why the Quicken download (that may well have been making proper contact with Morningstar) was coming up empty.
  • BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    Seem to be resolved now for CDN Mutual Funds. Thanks
  • PMA
    PMA Member
    Canadian mutual fund prices are updating for me tonight. Thanks Quicken team! However, what others have said regarding March 25th prices still missing is also true for me. No big deal from my perspective as March 28th and 29th are posted - I don't mind having a one day gap in the price history. Some are saying that specific funds are not downloading. I seemingly have that as well, but in my case (and not necessarily yours) it is because the prices on those have not changed. I've noticed in the past that the UI could be improved for funds whose price has not changed to look somehow different on the portfolio view than funds that have not downloaded at all. Both cases look the same on the UI which does not inspire confidence that it is working in such cases.
  • PMA
    PMA Member
    I did try a rebuild price history request for a few securities with both the "preserve manual entries" and "override manual entries" options, and neither resulted in price information being made available for March 25th. As mentioned, at least in my case, this is not a big deal.
  • Gerry M.
    Gerry M. Member
    Canadian mutual funds update seems to be working again, at least for my fund families.
  • Tukey
    Tukey Member
    Thank You Quicken Anja and your technical support staff for listening, and attention to us Quicken Canada users. Much Appreciated .. 🙏🏻
  • Veedio
    Veedio Member ✭✭
    > @Tukey said:
    > Thank You Quicken Anja and your technical support staff for listening, and attention to us Quicken Canada users. Much Appreciated .. 🙏🏻

Yes! Thanks to everyone at Quicken for resolving this quickly (or quickenly). :smile:
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    @Quicken_Anja

Regrettable, one of my mutual funds BMO70151 from Bank of Montreal is not uploading

Please note that the fund BMO70151 is in Morningstart.ca
    https://www.morningstar.ca/ca/report/fund/performance.aspx?t=0P0000VX9P&[email protected]&lang=en-CA

However is NOT in Quicken
    https://www.quicken.com/investing/mutual-funds/MUTUAL:BMO70151/BMO-Investments-Inc

further investigation revels that ticker BMO70151 is missing from Quicken database, perhaps that is the issue.

Thank you Quicken Anja for your support and diligent in this matter.
  • JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    It seems the mutual fund updates are now working again
    Regarding WQ1's exorbitant long distance calls to Quicken Support in California, on the Buy Quicken website it says "free phone support". However unless you are signed up for Premium Support that comes with the higher cost subscriptions, they don't provide an 800 number, just the local number, which becomes prohibitively expensive if you don't have some kind of long distance plan. This is just another example of cost-cutting and discouraging users from calling support, all while raising subscription rates).
    For those without a Long Distance plan, you can buy prepaid long distance phone cards that allow you to make long distance calls quite inexpensively. Calls to US would be around 2 cents per minute, so 1 hour would cost about $1.20 with a Goldline card that I use for example.
    Here is one site with more info - https://www.ontariophonecards.ca/
  • WQ1
    WQ1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Support for addressing and resolving the problem Canadian users were having with updating prices on mutual funds. While the fund prices for March 25th have not been updated, everything since is working now.
This discussion has been closed.