How do I remove a credit card from 1 step update feature

BrianBD
BrianBD Member ✭✭
How Do I remove an inactive credit card from "1 step update"?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    IMHO, it would be better to deactivate the credit card account register in Quicken. This would remove it from any download attempts until you decide to activate it again later.
    Go into Edit Account Details for this account, select the Online Services tab and click the "Deactivate" button.

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    You need to uncheck the box in Update Settings.  Go to Tools > One Step Update ... > Enter your password if applicable > and click the left button Settings ...

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    IMHO, it would be better to deactivate the credit card account register in Quicken. This would remove it from any download attempts until you decide to activate it again later.
    Go into Edit Account Details for this account, select the Online Services tab and click the "Deactivate" button.
  • BrianBD
    BrianBD Member ✭✭
    Thank you, UKR. I deactivated the account (I think) using the Tools--->Manage Hidden Accounts menu & checking the box for "Close Account". Looks like this will solve the problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrianBD said:
    Thank you, UKR. I deactivated the account (I think) using the Tools--->Manage Hidden Accounts menu & checking the box for "Close Account". Looks like this will solve the problem.
    Well, yes, this will solve the problem, but it's what I call the sledge hammer approach. An account marked "closed" in Quicken cannot be reopened. You'd have to create a new account register to do so, should you change your mind and want to use this credit card again in the future. If you are sure that you'll never ever use this credit card again, please do not forget to call the credit card company and tell them to close the account, too.

• BrianBD
    BrianBD Member ✭✭
    Thanks again. Amex was notified 2 years ago.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree with @UKR 's suggestion above if you don't plan to use the credit card.  Or if you closed your credit card, then of course you should deactivate (or close it) in Quicken as well.
    However, if you do use it sporadically, say once a quarter for example, I personally would not deactivate it and instead just uncheck it from the One Step Update settings - which gives you the flexibility to easily invoke "Update Now" at will with a single click (without having to go through the extra hoops of reactivation).
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.