How to add Schwab Investor Checking to Quicken

starsky
starsky Member ✭✭
I can no longer sync quicken with my Schwab Investor Checking accounts. Last successful sync was in late January. I know there is a lot of chatter regarding syncing with schwab and changes made by schwab but I don't think this is the same issue.

I'm trying to re-setup my 2 schwab investor checking accounts by searching for an online institution inside quicken and when I search for "Charles Schwab" I only see 2 results:

Charles Schwab Bank -Web Connect
Charles Schwab Bank Mortgage

Neither of these is "www.schwab.com" where I normally log in via the web to access my accounts. The first is "www.schwabbank.com" and the second is "www.schwabbankmortgage.com"

Did they drop support for investor checking?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Starter doesn't support ANY investment accounts.  ALL higher versions do.  See this for more info about other Q products: https://www.quicken.com/products
    But you already know that Deluxe supports investments.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... Tools --> Add Account - doesn't show this same screen and result for "Schw"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was "Charles Schwab Bank - Investor" previously your Financial Institution?  It looks like they might have disassociated from Q.  That's what the zzz- prefix usually means.
    zzz-Charles Schwab Bank - Investor    https://www.schwab.com/    866-232-9890    https://www.schwab.com/    ACTIVE                   BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

• starsky
    starsky Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > So.... Tools --> Add Account - doesn't show this same screen and result for "Schw"

When I search for that portion of "Schwab" mine doesn't show a "Best Results" listing. It only has "Other Results" and shows the two I mentioned. Hmm.

I'm running version R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23. I'm running starter edition as I only use this for categorizing expenses across my credit cards and checking accounts.
  • starsky
    starsky Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Was "Charles Schwab Bank - Investor" previously your Financial Institution?  It looks like they might have disassociated from Q.  That's what the zzz- prefix usually means.zzz-Charles Schwab Bank - Investor    https://www.schwab.com/    866-232-9890    https://www.schwab.com/    ACTIVE                   BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

I'm not sure what I was. I removed auto-syncing because it wasn't working and I don't recall what it was previously. That said, YES, I did see "zzz-" in front of the accounts. I renamed them but I did see that.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @starsky Did the zzz appear anyplace OTHER than FIDIR.TXT?  I'm not aware of any place else where it shows up.
    And, deleting that will have no impact, because any financial institution so prefixed will have turned off the connection to Q on their end also.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    starsky said:  I'm running version R39.23. I'm running Starter edition as I only use this for categorizing expenses across my credit cards and checking accounts.
    You should have mentioned that -
    The STARTER version doesn't support Investments or their associated brokerage companies...
    SO - where or how were you actually getting your Schwab checking transactions ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• starsky
    starsky Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > You should have mentioned that -
    > The STARTER version doesn't support Investments or their associated brokerage companies...
    > SO - where or how were you actually getting your Schwab checking transactions ?

I've been using starter for a while and it's been working up until the last time I sync'ed my accounts. Up until January I have been using "One Step Update" along with Web Connect.

I used to use the "Deluxe" version of Quicken a couple of years ago but "downgraded" it realizing I really only need it for categorization. Is it possible I was somehow grandfathered into the functionality and with the recent schwab change it's no longer working so quicken dropped it?

I wish I could just import manually (like I do with my credit card using a QFX export) but Schwab Investor Checking doesn't have this functionality.

[Removed - Solicitation]
  • starsky
    starsky Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > You should have mentioned that -
    > The STARTER version doesn't support Investments or their associated brokerage companies...
    > SO - where or how were you actually getting your Schwab checking transactions ?

Where can I find out which versions support pulling checking account info from Schwab Investment logins/accounts? Does Deluxe do this? (It used to so I'm thinking yes...?)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @starsky as I showed above, "Charles Schwab Bank - Investor" no longer supports Q.  BUT, as @Ps56k2 demonstrated, multiple other Schwab entities do.

• starsky
    starsky Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > @starsky as I showed above, "Charles Schwab Bank - Investor" no longer supports Q.  BUT, as @Ps56k2 demonstrated, multiple other Schwab entities do.

@Ps56k2 said the Starter Edition doesn't support Schwab Investor. I'm just asking where I can find out what editions support what financial institutions so I can chose to upgrade.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Starter doesn't support ANY investment accounts.  ALL higher versions do.  See this for more info about other Q products: https://www.quicken.com/products
    But you already know that Deluxe supports investments.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    As mentioned - the STARTER version does NOT support Investment accounts - and therefore not the Schwab Brokerage One.
    The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking® account is available only as a linked account with a Schwab One® brokerage account.
    As mentioned previously, the next higher Quicken version - Deluxe - supports all that you need... if you want to move up.
    There are really only 3 versions - Starter - Deluxe - Premier -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lastly - so you only have a Schwab Checking - but a Brokerage account - but no brokerage stock trading transactions ?
    As a test, you could try the - Schwab Bank entry, and see if that would work with Quicken for Add Account...
    It looks like it supports both the manual Web Connect, and the One Step Update online downloading via Express-Web-Connect
    03793    03793    03793    Charles Schwab Bank -Web Connect   
    https://www.schwabbank.com/    888-403-9000   
    https://www.schwabbank.com/    ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• starsky
    starsky Member ✭✭
    @Ps56k2 Unfortunately the Schwabbank.com option doesn't work. My login is invalid.

I do have a number of other investment accounts along with my schwab investor checking accounts but my advisors use other means for reporting on those. I just like keeping an eye on checking and credit card spending using quicken. It's nice to consolidate them offline.

Thanks for all the advice - I'll just upgrade to Deluxe.
This discussion has been closed.