Unable to Update

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to update.

Comments

• emanda
    emanda Member
    Have an early version of Quicken. Never registered since needs don't require being online. Love the product and now registered (thus this conversation) but it will not allow me to update. Please reply with proper "recipe"... Thank you...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update what?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @emanda

Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version you are currently running.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @emanda ALSO, and found at that same location, please tell use the Q product that you're running?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• emanda
    emanda Member
    Again, not familiar with this approach (community) and simply doing "Post Comment" and will see what happens. Quicken CD disk says Premier 2010 so please don't laugh...
  • emanda
    emanda Member
    ... occasionally get a pop-up that says something like "register for updates" but no interest until now since curiosity kills the cat...
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not running a current version of Quicken. If you want any online transaction or stock price updates, you will need to purchase a subscription for the current version.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    emanda said: Again, not familiar with this approach (community) and simply doing "Post Comment" and will see what happens. Quicken CD disk says Premier 2010 so please don't laugh...
    Not sure what you have installed - or the question you are asking....
    And these online forums are like - bulletin boards -
    you post a question and people respond when they have time - it is NOT a realtime chat type of thing...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    " now registered (thus this conversation)" Means that you registered with this forum.  It says nothing about your status with the Quicken product ... which we've asked repeatedly without a reply from you.

• emanda
    emanda Member
    Thank you Jim for your reply. I see now what updates might refer to and I'm not interested in stock info. My interest was if some Quicken updates were possible and I will check into purchasing a newer version. What are the choices for a simple but current version and I suppose a subscription is available for "updates".
  • emanda
    emanda Member
    Re: NotACPA cleared up what being registered means, and no I'm not sitting at this computer so sorry for your impatience...
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jwk said: I have no bank accounts only brokerage accounts...
    So... what is it you want to accomplish ?
    If with a desktop software product - Quicken Deluxe version would be your choice -
    If you wanted to go with a web-based product - then the new Quicken Simplifi might be of interest

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    emanda said:
    [snip] My interest was if some Quicken updates were possible and I will check into purchasing a newer version.[snip]
    You've never replied to a request for your current version ... but you might look here to see if there are updates to your Q2010: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

• emanda
    emanda Member
    Re: NotACPA Thank you for the link, went to the site and clicked on Q10 Update Utility... Guess that's it...
This discussion has been closed.