Quicken Deluxe R39.23 crashes when adding PNC Bank

Options
I recently attempted to add my husband's PNC Bank accounts to Quicken. I entered his credentials and entered the one-time pin number. I got to the "Add Accounts" screen, and when I clicked Connect, Quicken crashed. I rebooted my machine and repeated the process, and Quicken crashed. Is there a fix for this problem? I checked for updates, but the application said I had the most recent up-to-date version. :/
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently attempted to add my husband's PNC Bank accounts to Quicken. I entered his credentials and entered the one-time pin number. I got to the "Add Accounts" screen, and when I clicked Connect, Quicken crashed. I rebooted my machine and repeated the process, and Quicken crashed. Is there a fix for this problem? I checked for updates, but the application said I had the most recent up-to-date version. :/
    Hello @lesliemcintire

I am sorry to hear about these issues with sudden crashes. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community.

In this situation, I recommend running a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program). This will clean out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken. Please note that this does not affect any of your data or backup files. 

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just wondering - when you start Quicken, do you immediately try the Add Account -
    If so, try first going to any account - display the Register - and then try the Add Account -
    I've found that sometimes Quicken needs to "anchor" with some basic function before it can do "other things"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello @lesliemcintire,
    I agree with Ps56k2's recommendation to go to any account already established in your Quicken, and display the Register. Then, along the top green banner, look for the + sign and select Add Account.
    Next, let's make sure some of the other setup steps were correct:
    At the beginning of your steps to add your husband's PNC accounts, in the universal list of the various financial institutions, enter "PNC". Then, from the resulting drop-down list of the various PNC options, select "PNC Bank-Direct Connect". When you entered your husband's credentials and the one-time PIN, were you immediately directed to change the one-time PIN to a new PIN?
This discussion has been closed.