How do I delete other "Finances" files?

Options
Alaskan
Alaskan Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
I have multiple finances files (found on left hand side of Quicken Online app > Profile > Finances) and I'd like to get rid of most of them. How do I do that?
I believe the issue comes from using quicken on a windows computer and a mac. I have since uninstalled and deleted all of my info from the windows computer. My intention is to only use the Mac and quicken online/app going forward. Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello @Alaskan,

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question. 

Just to clarify, do you have extra cloud accounts that are showing up on the mobile app which you would like to delete? If so, you would need to access and perform these steps on your Mac:

1. Go to Quicken Preferences Connected Services.

2. Select See All Cloud Accounts.

3. Select any dataset you don’t want to be associated with your cloud account.

4. Select the  button.

5. Continue to remove datasets until you only see the ones you want to be associated with your cloud account.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Alaskan
    Alaskan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine, that worked great for the accounts that were started on my mac. I still can't seem to delete the accounts that were synced from the windows machine. I no longer have access to that machine, what do I do?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Alaskan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

The instructions previously provided by @Quicken Jasmine should allow you to delete cloud accounts that were created on both Windows and Mac programs, regardless of which program you are deleting them from. 

However, if you are still unable to delete certain cloud accounts, at this point, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents also have the ability to screen share which may make it easier to guide you in this, and if needed, they can also reach out to our Tier 2 team to remove any cloud accounts that you are unable to remove yourself from within Quicken.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Quicken Anja and @Quicken Jasmine

Unfortunately, this is not correct. From Quicken Mac, you can only see cloud accounts associated with Quicken Mac files, and on Quicken Windows you can only see cloud accounts associated with Quicken Windows files. I'm pretty sure this is a bug since both versions seem to indicate that you should be able to see cloud datasets from both platforms (Quicken Windows even has a tab in Preferences that should show Quicken Mac cloud datasets), but this is not the case. If you only have access to Quicken Mac on the desktop, you can only see and delete other Quicken Mac cloud datasets, and if you only have access to Quicken Windows on the desktop, you can only see and delete other Quicken Windows cloud datasets.

I would love to see this fixed since if you have multiple old cloud accounts Quicken Windows but now only have access to Quicken Mac, there is no way to delete the old cloud datasets without going through Quicken Support, which is a hassle.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @Austin@,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion.

I decided to test this and have been able to replicate it. I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. In the meantime, while I know this may be an inconvenience; users are still able to contact Quicken Support to have unwanted cloud accounts removed. 

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (CTP-3542)

-Quicken Anja

• Alaskan
    Alaskan Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Austin@ Thanks for backing me up on this!!

@Quicken Anja Thanks for replicating the problem and submitting it as a bug.

What a great community!
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    @Alaskan Absolutely! You're welcome.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.