How do I change my financial institution name

Options
My bank merged with another one and changed names. Now I can't get any updates on my account as of March 14th. The account numbers stayed the same. Please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you checked the "new" financial institution's website to see if they have any instructions on how to handle the changeover?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Camate60
    Camate60 Member
    Options
    It continues to point to the old bank.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you go to reactivate, are you choosing the new bank name? What is the new bank name?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Make sure you type in the new financial institution name in step 4 of Reactivate.

This will not change the account name as displayed in Quicken, even though the downloads have been changed to the new bank.

To change the account name, open the account and click the gear at the top right. Select Edit account details. You should see the new Financial Institution name at the top right. You can give the account any name you want.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you checked the "new" financial institution's website to see if they have any instructions on how to handle the changeover?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Camate60
    Camate60 Member
    Options
    Actually, I saw where to make the change, but all I keep getting is an error message that I can't reach the Quicken file servers. I've been trying for hours. How can that be?
This discussion has been closed.