You've exceeded the maximum number of datasets?

Suntu
Suntu Member ✭✭
You've exceeded the maximum number of datasets? 

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Suntu,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing these issues. 

I have located a support article that discusses troubleshooting steps in regards to the OL-232-A error that you are receiving. You may follow this link here

As for the "You have exceeded the maximum number of datasets" message, you will need to contact Quicken Support for further assistance as @Tom Young stated. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do what Quicken says and contact Quicken support as they are the only ones that can handle this situation. 

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Suntu,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing these issues. 

I have located a support article that discusses troubleshooting steps in regards to the OL-232-A error that you are receiving. You may follow this link here

As for the "You have exceeded the maximum number of datasets" message, you will need to contact Quicken Support for further assistance as @Tom Young stated. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Just out of curiousity - have you being performing any Backup & Restore functions of Quicken ?
    and... what version..... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    @Suntu - If refreshing Sikorsky's Credit Union's Profile and Branding has not stopped recurrence of this OL-232 error code issue, please be sure to report it to Quicken via Telephone, Chat or Help>Report A Problem.  Your post of this issue is the 3rd I've seen in the last few days and, I too, am seeing the same issue with Midland States Bank for the last 4 days so maybe there is something that needs to be done by Quicken Support.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Last week I spoke with 5 Quicken representatives, deactivated/reactivated 10 accounts 15 times. Quicken (California) reset datasets. Major chronic recurring problem NOT resolved. As of this morning, Quicken issues prevent use of One Step Update on all 3 computers. Restore from flash drive does not fix the problems. Deactivating then reactivating accounts does not fix the problems. Quicken resetting from California does not fix the problems. Any ideas?
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    I wish to thank all of those whom sent answers to my questions.
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Representative screenshots attached.

[Edited - Screenshots Cropped for Privacy]
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Suntu - One of the things that can cause a complete shutdown of OSU updates is expiration of the subscription.  You probably have already done this but what does Help > About Quicken show your subscription expiration date is?
    Also, have you tried running Validate & Repair (File > Validate & Repair File)?
    If V&R does not fix the problem, you might want to create a new data file (File > New Quicken File) and name it TEST.  Then try setting up one of your accounts for OSU download in that file and let us know the results.

• Boatnmaniac
    @Suntu - Do you use Quicken Mobile and/or Quicken on the Web?  If not, turn that function off because it is not needed and can cause issues.

• Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Yes I do use Quicken Mobile. My account has now disappeared. Error message appears on all three computers. [Screenshot Edited for Privacy].

• Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    My subscription is current.
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Last week I spoke with 5 different Quicken representatives. Quicken California reset datasets twice. 10 accounts were deactivated then reactivated 15 times. Problem NOT resolved. Error message show on all three computers when I open Quicken--"You have exceeded the maximum number of datasets." Unable to use Quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Suntu

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jasmine, thank you for your comment. Can you resolve the errors?
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    You've exceeded the maximum number of datasets is most common error message. Any resolutions?
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Sign out/sign in also blocked with exceeded maximum datasets error messages...

[Screenshot Edited for Privacy]
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Suntu,

Thank you for your thorough responses and for the uploaded screenshots. 

You will need to contact Quicken Support for further assistance so they may walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time, they can also do things such as screen share which we here at the Community cannot, and escalate the situation if needed. 

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Thank you 🙏
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Thank you 🙏
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Made my 6th call to Quicken support today. Datasets reset again. Once I ran One Step Update, banking accounts were marked with the universal do no enter symbol. Last week I was told the accounts had to be deactivated then reactivated which was done 15 times. Vicious cycle continues. I shall call Quicken support tomorrow to pick up where I left off today.
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Datasets error message did not present today. Called Quicken to continue with all bank accounts which were showing the international symbol for do not enter. Told the deactivate all 11 accounts>validate & repair>close Quicken then reopen>reactivate. Followed the directions then received error CC502 for Citi Bank. Found that error message in Community with note that it was an issue being internally researched by Quicken...
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I went thru the same vicious cycle as your two issues (max dataset and the symbol which is CC-800 error code) last November where for two weeks I contacted support twice a day - they would resolve the max dataset and then the symbol would appear.  Once I'd resolve that one, the max dataset error would return!  L2 support told me they had never seen such an unusual issue with an "account" before.  None of my backup files worked either.
    My conclusion: The strange issue with my account had perhaps caused corruption to my data file(s), so I decided to start fresh:
    - I exported my ~10-years worth data into QIF format
    - I purchased a new Quicken license and created a new account.
    - Created a new file and imported my data into it and recreated settings that could not be imported.
    - Decided not to reset or delete my datasets (unless absolutely necessary), and instead of "Restore" a backup, I would rename it back to my original file name (if needed).
    Fortunately I have not had to resort to any of the measures in the last bullet.  I applied years of experience and lessons learned along with best practice suggestions from the community experts on this new account and data file.  I hope your issues will be resolved soon.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Suntu said:
    Called Quicken to continue with all bank accounts which were showing the international symbol for do not enter.
    Just so people know, this symbol means that Quicken believes that the account has been deleted at the financial institution.

EDIT stated a bit differently, it means that the last time Quicken asked for the financial information that account wasn't in the list of accounts it got.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    FYI it is a continuing issue with One Step Update after the maximum datasets have been unlocked…
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Thank you 🙏. Looks like I’m living your November experience now. I have 30-40 years of investment data so I’m not looking forward to starting over with a new account.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    FWIW, creating a new Quicken account does not preclude you from using an existing data file. It does cost you the price of a new subscription associated with a different email address.  That may be worth it to some users given the time being spent on the issue.

I've suggested before, considering the small number of users affected, Quicken should be providing a new ID for free until they get a permanent fix implemented. That would be better customer service and maybe by asking some questions before handing out new Quicken IDs, they could discover the processes by which this relatively small group is creating such a large number of data sets.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    @markus1957 , I will happily provide a feedback here for my situation of last November.  If you recall, sometime late Oct or early Nov, Quicken did some type of Q ID/account migration (which might have been also related to Schwab changes) where everyone had to upgrade to a specific patch.  It was that moment where all of a sudden my data file accounts became disconnected with CC-800 error and then the dataset exceeded message.  I believe the migration process corrupted my Q ID account, which in turn manifested into my data files.  It supports why L2 support said that there was something wrong with my Q ID account and they didn't know how to fix it and would continue to investigate.  So the question remains: what happened behind the scenes during that migration process and why me and a few others.

Adding: At that time I requested a copy of all my data - Quicken has a link to make that request.  About two weeks later I received the report and it showed my history since ~2010 I think and it contained about 40 records (dataset revisions I assume).  So I doubt I ever exceed the max, rather something else was triggering that message - which explains why after clearing it, the message would return.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly I think the whole "you have exceeded the max datasets" error is a "mystery".

In other words, in some cases it is exactly like it sounds, maybe say "too many restores", which they have told us creates a new dataset (without removing the old one).

But I can certainly say for such this isn't the only cause of that error message being displayed.

I have installed Quicken 2017 on a machine only to have to report that error when I log in.

Other reports of this error, like @BK's point to other kinds of "corruption" and the people reporting such problems sometimes come back and report that Quicken Support's "only option" of removing datasets doesn't fix the problem.

Bottom line is there is more going on here than meets the eye.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Thank you 🙏. I agree there certainly is something going on.

One representative told me the system showed I had 1000 datasets and only 100 are allowed. Further review revealed I had only 3. Quicken in California had already unlocked my datasets 3 times. So something is at issue with the system.

Another told me not to restore directly from a flash drive but to copy and paste…. Yet several others told me to restore from a flash drive. So I don’t know 🤷‍♂️?
This discussion has been closed.