I am using Quicken 2015 Deluxe. Will my files work on Quicken Starter?

Options
miniquilter
miniquilter Member
edited May 2022 in Before you Buy
I've been using Quicken for years but I do not use all the features of the Deluxe version. I am not currently subscribed. If I download Quicken Starter, will I be able to use my current files?

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @miniquilter,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question, I would be happy to assist you.

You will still be able to use your current files after switching from the Deluxe package to the Starter package, you will just lose some of the features available for use. 

Here is a link to a description of our packages and the features available within each package. 

I hope you find this to be of use.
    Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not sure why you want to move to a newer version of Quicken, but if you are going to continue to use it in a manual mode as you are now doing with QW2015, I wouldn't change.  The only real changes since then have all been related to online features which your version has not been able to do since April 2018.
    But if you do buy new, don't buy Starter for the reasons cited by NotACPA.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Take a look at this page to see if Starter has all of the features you want.  It specifically doesn't support investment and several other types of accounts.  ALSO, if you ever fail to renew Starter, it goes into Read-Only mode, whereas the higher level products put up a "nag screen" that takes up about 25% of your Q space. https://www.quicken.com/product-selector
    BUT, to answer your question ... if your current Deluxe is recent, your files should be compatible.  What BUILD of Deluxe are you running, since you're not subscribed?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @miniquilter,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question, I would be happy to assist you.

You will still be able to use your current files after switching from the Deluxe package to the Starter package, you will just lose some of the features available for use. 

Here is a link to a description of our packages and the features available within each package. 

I hope you find this to be of use.
    Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not sure why you want to move to a newer version of Quicken, but if you are going to continue to use it in a manual mode as you are now doing with QW2015, I wouldn't change.  The only real changes since then have all been related to online features which your version has not been able to do since April 2018.
    But if you do buy new, don't buy Starter for the reasons cited by NotACPA.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.