Why is it impossible to cancel/delete splits in a transaction?

DABrisson
DABrisson Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
Quicken, Windows, Google Chrome. I started an entry for a vendor that previously was entered as a split transaction. The memorized transaction auto entered as usual. This time I didn't want it split. I found nearly impossible to clear the split and just enter a single catagory and tag. When I select the split icon in the entry, the window that comes up has a radio button to turn on/off splits but that doesn't work. The only way to clear splits was to hit the arrow at the far right of the entry.
This is just one and the latest feature of Quicken on-line that make it extreemely frustrating to use.
Question - What does it take to get this fixed??

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @DABrisson,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Is this experience occurring on Quicken on the Web or on your desktop application?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DABrisson
    DABrisson Member ✭✭
    The problem was on the web. The screen shot "SplitButton1" shows the button that does not work. This is the window that comes up by hitting the split icon next to the category column.
    Image "SplitButton2" shows the button that works. This window is opened by selecting the twisty at the far right of the entry.
  • DABrisson
    DABrisson Member ✭✭
    Sorry, images not sent with last comment
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DABrisson said:
    Sorry, images not sent with last comment
    Hello @DABrisson

Thank you for providing those helpful screenshots, and for continuing to reach out to us about this issue.

Try deleting the individual line items in the transaction by clicking the small 'trashbin' icon at the far-right side of each of them. Then, be sure to press Save button in the bottom-right side of the box that appears when you click on the transaction. Does the transaction still appear as a split item?

I want to make sure that these steps are being followed when you are trying to change the entry, as I was unable to reproduce this error, otherwise.

I look forward to your reply, and hope to continue working with you on this problem, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DABrisson
    DABrisson Member ✭✭
    Jared, Thank you for this solution. I tested it a couple of time and each time your solution worked for me. Thank you
    Del Brisson
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DABrisson said:
    Jared, Thank you for this solution. I tested it a couple of time and each time your solution worked for me. Thank you
    Del Brisson
    @DABrisson

It's our pleasure to be of assistance. Thank you for taking the time to follow up with us and let us know about your results. I am happy to hear that everything is now working as expected.

Feel free to reach out anytime with additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.