Why won't subcategory actual figures showing on the budget report?

Options
Shawn G
Shawn G Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have interest income split into general and savings subcategories. I chose one subcategory on my budget categories to use but then when a report is produced it lists 0.00 as actual and the total budgeted for that sub category does show. That line is in a bold face type that doesn't match the rest of the report. If I click the category Interest with the subcategory to include in the budget then I get an actual amount for all subcategories even though they are not checked as budget categories to include. How do I get this one subcategory to properly show on my reports?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawn G said:
    I have interest income split into general and savings subcategories. I chose one subcategory on my budget categories to use but then when a report is produced it lists 0.00 as actual and the total budgeted for that sub category does show. That line is in a bold face type that doesn't match the rest of the report. If I click the category Interest with the subcategory to include in the budget then I get an actual amount for all subcategories even though they are not checked as budget categories to include. How do I get this one subcategory to properly show on my reports?
    Hello @Shawn G,            

I am sorry to hear about this issue with subcategories. Thank you for reaching out about this problem here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try to add a new subcategory by following the steps listed below:

1. Choose Tools menu > Category List.
    2. Click Add Category.
    3. Enter a name for the new category.
    4. Indicate whether the category is for tracking income or expenses.
    5. To change the category to a subcategory, select Subcategory of and enter the name of the parent category.
    6. Enter a description for the new category. (Optional)
    7. Assign a category group to the new category. This field appears only if one or more category groups exist. (Optional)
    8. If the category is for tracking tax-related transactions, click the Tax Reporting tab and then select the Tax-related check box.
    9. Indicate if you want to use the Standard or Extended line item list.
    10. In the Tax line item field, select the tax form and tax schedule line item you want to use. (Optional)
    11. Click Add.
    Next, do you notice the same behavior with the newly created subcategory?

Also, what is the location of your current data file? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.