Disable (Keep Minimized) pop up area under register

doughmann
doughmann Member ✭✭
Below the register is a pop up area for displaying 1) Download Transactions; 2) Bill and Income Reminders and 3) Placeholder entries (for some accounts). When switching between accounts, the default behavior is to expand this area. I my case this often displays nothing. I prefer to manually enter data so Downloads are meaningless. I do use Reminders but would prefer to see them on my schedule instead of Quicken's. I would like to set the default behavior of this area to be minimized but can not find this option in preferences. I am much more interested in seeing the maximum number of register entries on my small laptop screen then having to minimize this pop up every time I switch from one account to another. This occurs scores of time at the end of the quarter when I am reconciling my 30 accounts. If this feature is not currently available, respectfully request Quicken consider adding this feature.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Turn this option on (and maybe the one for investment accounts too):
    Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions -> Automatically add to banking registers.

What this will do is remove the Downloaded Transactions tab completely.  In the case of investment accounts, the Placeholders tab will still be there, but it might still help some.

Note in reality the Downloaded transactions tab shouldn't be expanding automatically, especially when there aren't any downloaded transactions, but I have certainly seen it pop open when it shouldn't, so that part isn't much of a surprise.  It is a long running bug.

The reason this setting works for your situation is that with it on, the downloaded transactions go directly into the register, and as such the Downloaded Transactions tab is never used, and so they hide it.

As for reminders, you can control to see them in your register or not by selecting the clock icon from the top right of the register.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • doughmann
    doughmann Member ✭✭
    Chris - You are a genius? This has been an annoyance for some time and your suggestions made the overall UI much better. Thank you.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @doughmann Your very welcome, I’m glad it helped.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.