Issue with Quicken Reports

Options
williamspl
williamspl Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
While using quicken reports (win10) I find that when I go to save an update the software points me to different directories, not using the previous directory used.

Please advise. Thanks!

Updating a change to the report.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And update to what?  And where are you saving it?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    Options
    In a quicken report directory called My Taxes
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a quicken report directory called My Taxes
    Hello @williamspl

I am sorry to hear about this problem with Reports. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this here on the Quicken Community.

When you refer to 'saving updates' are you speaking of saving newer versions of the reports you are creating, or are you referring to saving backups of your data file? Also, where on your computer is the 'My Taxes' directory located?

I look forward to hearing your responses. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's talking about customizing a report and then saving it. Quicken often shows the wrong "Save In" report folder in the Save Report dialog.
    This is a relatively new variation on a very old bug. Forever, Q would simply put the top-level "My Saved Reports" in the dialog regardless of the folder containing the original report. This bug is older than my socks. There seemed to be a brief period when this worked right and Q would offer to save the report in the correct folder. Now it seems broken again, but in a different way, showing a wrong folder but not the top level one.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.