Capital One Transactions not downloading to Quicken for Mac

Pvaubois
Pvaubois Member ✭✭
All other banking institutions are syncing normally on Quicken for Mac; Capital One transactions however do not download. I have reset accounts multiple times. I have also tried to import downloaded transactions into Quicken (only gives me the option to add a new account rather than link an existing one). I have noted that a similar ticket has been marked as "resolved" but the issue is still very much unresolved. Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Pvaubois,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Quicken > About Quicken. What is the Connection method that you have set up with Capital One? You can see this by navigating to your Capital One account > clicking the Settings gear in the bottom right corner > Downloads > Connection Type. Are you receiving any sort of error message or code when attempting to download transactions?

I suggest creating a test file and adding the Capital One account(s) to see if the same error occurs. You can create a test file by going to File > New > Start from Scratch. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• treehugn
    treehugn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I am having the same problem - using Quicken Deluxe. Connection type is QUICKEN CONNECT.

I just tried creating a new file from scratch, like you'd suggested to the original poster, and it linked up fine. I then closed that new data test file and opened up my original data file (where it wasn't working) and tried again - this time it worked! The only thing is, why does it only download recent transactions and not ALL transactions?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @treehugn

Thank you for joining this thread, I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 

However, I am happy to hear that the transactions downloaded properly in the test file and that the error seems to have resolved itself in your main file. 

As for Quicken only downloading recent transactions, Quicken only brings in the transactions that your Financial Institution sends. This means that it would be up to your bank as to how far back the transactions go that are downloaded. For most Financial Institutions, 30-90 days is the standard timeframe. 

I hope this helps. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    As for Quicken only downloading recent transactions, Quicken only brings in the transactions that your Financial Institution sends. This means that it would be up to your bank as to how far back the transactions go that are downloaded. For most Financial Institutions, 30-90 days is the standard timeframe. 
    Many financial institutions (but not all) allow you to download transactions farther back in time from their website. If you log onto your bank's website, look to see if they allow you to download transactions in QFX or Quicken format. If so, create a download file on your Mac, then in Quicken, try to import that file. It may  import into a new account in Quicken, but it's easy to select all the transactions and drag them to your existing account in the left sidebar to combine them back into one account. (You may then need to adjust or remove any opening balance transactions to get to the correct current balance.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @jacobs,

Thank you for adding this, you are correct. 

My apologies as I should have been more specific, in my previous response, I was referring to automatic downloads only. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Pvaubois
    Pvaubois Member ✭✭
    Hi Jasmine, thank you for the response. I also appreciate the input from other subscribers. I use Quicken Deluxe for Mac (version 6.6.2). Connection type is Quicken Connect. I followed your suggestion by creating a test file and connecting to Capital One. It worked fine. However, when I returned to my main file, the transactions would still not download. I am curious to know if I missing a step; maybe @treehugn has a suggestion. Thanks for any input.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited April 2022
    Hello @Pvaubois,

Thank you for your response and for attempting the test file, I am happy to hear that the transactions downloaded properly in the test file. 

Next, I suggest deactivating and reactivating all of your Capital One accounts. Please be aware that this includes any hidden or closed accounts that are still located within your Quicken. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. You may follow this link for instructions on how to deactivate and reactivate your accounts. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Pvaubois
    Pvaubois Member ✭✭
    I ended up downloading my transactions from Capital One Bank website, creating a dummy account in Quicken original file (could not link to an existing account in Quicken), and moving transactions to the original account. I then proceeded to delete the dummy account. Not the easiest way to get transactions, but at least it saved the manual entries. Curious to know if anyone else has a better solution.
  • Pvaubois
    Pvaubois Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jasmine. I deactivated all my Capital One accounts (including a closed one that was in my hidden channel) and reactivated them and it worked. Thanks again for your help.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Pvaubois,

Thank you for your response and for attempting those troubleshooting steps. 

I am happy to hear that they worked and you are up and running again!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• treehugn
    treehugn Member ✭✭
    Just now seeing all of the comments (glad things got worked out for OP). I did end up downloading whatever QXF files were available through the CC websites and added them via the IMPORT option. I noticed some of the entries have a pencil icon next to them and, when I hover over that, there's a pop-up that reads "This transaction was manually entered and has not been matched to a downloaded transaction" - what, if anything, do I need to do for those?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @treehugn,

The pencil icon indicates that the transaction is a manual entry which means that you would need to either match the transaction with a downloaded one or delete the manual entry. 

You can match the transaction by dragging and dropping the manual transaction onto the downloaded transaction or vice versa. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• treehugn
    treehugn Member ✭✭
    Thank you - I appreciate your responsiveness!
This discussion has been closed.