Downloaded transactions come out with opposite sign of the bank transaction.

Options
Darr
Darr Member
When i download my credit card into quicken from the bank the download ends up with the opposite sign. What is positive on the bank transaction are negative in the downloaded or quicken transactions and the negative transactions are positive. I've tried making new account but it always does the same thing. My savings and checking accounts work just fine. All the accounts are in the same bank.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Darr

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing this error.

What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Quicken > About Quicken. What is the Financial Institution with these account(s)? What is the Connection Method? You can see this by navigating to the account and then to the Settings gear in the bottom right > Downloads > Connection Type. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the account(s) experiencing the error, and proceeding with the download process to see if the same error occurs. You can create a test file by going to File > New > Start from Scratch. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    Options
    You don't say which bank this is, but I don't believe this is an error. Most banks (Citi, Chase, Amex for example) show charges as positive numbers and payments as negative number. In a Quicken credit card account, however, charges are shown as negative numbers in the Amount column (increasing the amount owed, an overall negative balance ) while payments are shown as positive (decreasing the amount owed). This is totally normal. Your Balance column will normally be a negative number reflecting that you owe some amount (are carrying a balance) on the account.

If this bothers you, you may want to turn off the Amount column and turn on the Charge & Payment columns in this register. You can change which columns are displayed by clicking menu View > Columns.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • LindaD23
    LindaD23 Member
    Options
    I experience this also with only my PC Mastercard downloads (President's Choice Mastercard). My TD Visa, RBC Visa don't have this issue, nor do my chequing or savings accounts.
This discussion has been closed.