How to stop One Step Menu from coming up

Options
One Step Update takes 3 or 4 steps now. When I click the UPDATE Symbol, it takes me to a menu ... I don't want to see a menu, I want it to update what I previously selected.

Any ideas on how to actually do a ONE STEP UPDATE ?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I click on the Blue circle that's labeled "Update" I get "Enter Vault Password".  I input that and OSU proceeds.
    If I click on the arrowhead immediately adjacent to that blue circle, I get a menu the first item of which is "One Step Update".
    Are you not getting these options?
    And, the "One Step" refers to updating your various accounts at once.  I've got mine set to run automatically at 7am Mon-Sat via the "Schedule Updates" option on that menu.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you keep Quicken running all the time, what you are describing is what happens if you run OSU a second time after starting Quicken?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tim A
    Tim A Member
    Options
    I click the Circle (OSU UPDATE) and it takes me to the VAULT LOG IN Screen. After I put in my password it goes to the MENU SCREEN.

After I log in it should just update the accounts ... I don't get why it shows me the option MENU every time ?
  • MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If by "Menu screen" you mean the "One Step Update Settings" screen, this started happening to me several weeks ago. I would click the OSU Update icon, enter the vault password and click "Update Now". Instead of updating, it would display the OSU Settings screen. Restoring a backup QDF file from 3 days earlier fixed the problem.

• Tim A
    Tim A Member
    Options
    Yes .. the 'One Step Update Settings'. And yes, it started happening a few months ago.

It's not practical to go to backups.
This discussion has been closed.