Having major issues with Quicken Online banking.

Options
I have use Quicken online banking for over 25 years and have never had the issues that I have with Quicken today. I dedicated an afternoon to contact Support on the phone. He walked me through blowing away my account online settings and rebuilding them. I still have the same issues now. When I do an update, I login into my bank site and can see transactions that cleared weeks ago but do not synchronize. By and large this has been a great product for 25 years but the inability to manage my accounts online is forcing me to think about how to divorce myself from Quicken. If there is a known way to resolve the online banking issues between Quicken and: Chase, Bank of America, CitiCards, as well as smaller cards like Kohl's and other retailers, please let me know. If this is just not expected to reliabily work going forward, please let me know that as well.

Thank You,
Richard

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @RichardM,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these errors and I truly understand how frustrating this can be. 

To start with, I suggest creating a test file and adding a couple of the accounts that will not update to see what occurs. First, it is recommended to save a backup so you may get back to where you began if things were to go awry. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes and which Financial Institutions you chose to attempt in the test file. 

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RichardM
    RichardM Member
    Options
    I did just a Citibank Costco Visa account. Created a new file and it was able to download the transactions without issue.

In the old file, I just tried to download just that account and it successfully completed but did not have any transactions.

I have a lot of history that I have work on over the years in my quicken file. So what does this mean. How do I get it to work in my existing file that has all of my historical financial data in it? Rebuilding would be very painful as I am sure that you know.

Test file worked. What do we do now?

Let me know,
    Richard
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @RichardM,

Thank you for your response and for attempting this test file with me, I am happy to hear that the transactions downloaded correctly in the test file. 

Due to this, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before the transaction error began to occur. Here is a link to a support article that discusses restoring from backups. Of course, it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in case you would like to get back to where you started before attempting anything. 

Please let me know how this goes.
    Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cfrphoto
    cfrphoto Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Quicken OSU may modify reconciled transactions. This should not happen. If a reconciled transaction is about to be modified, a warning message should be posted blocking the activity unless the user agrees. Quicken reconcile altered an initial account balance dated 12/31/1997. There is a disconnect between beginning balance in manual reconcile and the starting balance when reconciling accounts enabled for OSU. Manual reconciliation should remain for users who prefer to reconcile to monthly statements.

[Removed - Solicitation/Rant] 
    Quicken since version 6
  • RichardM
    RichardM Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I have many backups so I can go back to when it was working better. However, I called support because I could not synchronize all of my accounts. What is most disturbing is that it worked much better before their support started troubleshooting the issue with me. Now it works worse then it ever did and things that were working before the support call are not working now. I do not have complex transactions, I never found the property management worth the effort to maintain. The amount of work that Quicken now requires to manage properties and the cumbersome way it associates rental payments, in my view, is poorly designed.

I will go back to my backup and try to synchronize my data to bring it back up to date. From what Quicken support seems to be saying is that if that does not work, it is time to look to abandon my historical data. [Removed - Solicitation]

Quicken support: please let me know if I am understanding where I am with your product. I want to move forward with Quicken [Removed - Solicitation]
  • Carl Davidson
    Carl Davidson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I've been experiencing similar problems lately with just one of our seven accounts at our credit union. Using either OSU or manually updating just a single account (Update now / Ctrl-Alt-U) Quicken connects to the credit union, and completes normally, but in this one account it fails to download transactions that are clearly there on the credit union's web site. What's worse, it will occasionally download just one, and then force the Online Balance and Ending Balance to be the same at the bottom of the register by changing the balance in the register! [Removed - Language]

I've tried resetting the account (in Account Details -> Online Services) and also Deactivating and reactivating. Continues to fail the same way. If I download a QFX file for the account and manually import it, then all the transactions are there but the balances are whack.

Has anyone else noticed a problem like this?
This discussion has been closed.