Cannot Delete Attachment

Options
jerryhoyt1
jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
On March 6th I started a discussion that I could not delete an attachment. I followed instructions about copy, validate, super validate and it didn't help immediately. Shortly afterwards the problem was resolved. Now it is back. I have an attachment to a line item and I cannot delete the attachment to replace with correct one.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On March 6th I started a discussion that I could not delete an attachment. I followed instructions about copy, validate, super validate and it didn't help immediately. Shortly afterwards the problem was resolved. Now it is back. I have an attachment to a line item and I cannot delete the attachment to replace with correct one.
    Hello @jerryhoyt1

I am sorry to hear that this issue has returned. Thank you for getting back in contact with the Quicken Community regarding this problem.

Where is your current active data file located? This can be confirmed by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Additionally, when did this issue occur? Would it be possible to restore from a backup saved just prior to that point? Given that backups are being saved regularly by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously, I am curious to hear if restoring from one such backup by going into the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup File... results in the absence of this problem. 

I hope to hear back from you about this, and I intend to work with you in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jerryhoyt1
    jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks much for your response. The routine to copy a new file and super validate works. However it is really a pain to have to reload all the user names and passwords for 8-10 accounts.

I'm not sure if it is protocol to start a new discussion here on old topic or begin a new question but here is the latest problem is a blank reconciliation insert screen with no numbers.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jerryhoyt1,

Thank you for your response.

I do recommend creating a new discussion for this error as it gives a higher likelihood for other users or superusers to be able to find your thread and offer advice. 

We also like to categorize the discussions based on the issue at hand, so with this being a different topic, it would belong in a different category. 

We are happy to hear that copying a new file and super validating was able to help with the other error that you were experiencing. 

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.