AmEx - HTTP-500 (Mac) [Edited]

DHClem
DHClem Member ✭✭✭
Days now, AmEx would not communicate with Quicken (Mac 12.2.1, Q Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100)).

Tried to redo connection.  Could not be reached.

Others? 

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @DHClem,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We do currently have an open alert ticket on American Express that has been escalated internally. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I just started getting this "HTTP-500" error when attempting to download transactions for American Express. All other accounts download without issue, and as of yesterday (5 April), there was no error when downloading AMEX transactions. Using Quicken for Mac, Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100), Mac OS 10.15.7. I have logged out of Quicken, and reset connection (Direct Connect) without resolution.
  • SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here - just the AMEX accounts
  • nbates
    nbates Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue even after disconnecting and reconnecting.
  • spulecki
    spulecki Member ✭✭
    Me too.
  • PeterFrank
    PeterFrank Member ✭✭
    Same. This article has some info: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-293-or-ol-294
    But I suspect that Amex made some security changes on their end, and Quicken just has to catch up. I've seen this happen before (with Amex and other banks) and it usually just takes a few days to resolve
  • Dorothy H
    Dorothy H Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue.
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Yep, 2 days now.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• Kathy Muench
    Kathy Muench Member ✭✭✭
    Happened yesterday 4/5/22, then resolved an hour later or so. But today 4/6/22, it happened again and hasn't resolved. I'll wait a few days to see if it clears itself up, as suggested above.
  • mvondrechsel
    mvondrechsel Member ✭✭
    Same issue, im on Mac
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    Since yesterday I haven't been able to connect to Amex.  Keep getting an "HTTP-500" Error code.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it a known issue?

Quicken Premier 6.6.2 

• DHClem
    DHClem Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for confirming, all. *And* it's a time-saver...I avoid perseverating, which is my normal behavior in cases like this!  Quicken staff--working on it?
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There's an issue with AMEX for the Windows users...This might be related: 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911486/new-4-6-22-american-express-ol-293-294#latest

Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Same for Mac. Hopefully resolved soon.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Experiencing this, too.
  • Fernando N
    Fernando N Member
    Same here, error 500. Gtrying reconnencting, entered username and password again, etc. to no avail
  • I have the same issue. This is now the 3rd day for me. Tried everything with no success. Any updates on a fix?
  • Johndy
    Johndy Member ✭✭
    I'm in the same boat.....third day of no Amex updates. All my other downloads are fine and I can access my Amex account via a web browser.....

The connection log shows this:

2022-04-07 08:40:25 PDT : HTTP error 500 from server = <HTML><HEAD>
    <TITLE>Internal Server Error</TITLE>
    </HEAD><BODY>
    <H1>Internal Server Error - Read</H1>
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
    complete your request.<P>
    </BODY></HTML>

Seems unlikely to be resolved by me...
  • Johndy
    Johndy Member ✭✭
    Mine just started working again 3 pm EST
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was able to reconnect today (9th) switching back to direct connect instead of bothersome quicken connect (multiple authentication).

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• okrent
    okrent Member ✭✭
    My Amex sync (Quicken for Mac) has been working sporadically for a week; today, not working at all. Help!!
This discussion has been closed.