Is Portfolio X-Ray still being supported?

Robhermann
Robhermann Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
The Quicken-Morningstar Portfolio X-Ray feature is no longer functioning for me. My investment accounts are with Schwab, is this related to the recent Schwab connection issues? I am able to download my Schwab transactions, and all my securities show in the Portfolio view, but no longer show in the Portfolio X-Ray. I have validated my Quicken file, and have even re-installed the Quicken program, but the problem persists. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You click the Refresh X-Ray button after re-selecting the accounts and securities, right?

What edition of Quicken are you running? The X-Ray requires Premier or higher.

Do you get any error message when it does not display?
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I would do is reselect that Accounts from the pulldown menu.  There is a known bug that Quicken "forgets" what accounts are selected and displays nothing.

Note I don't think this has anything to do with the recent problems with Schwab.  From what I understand what it is doing, Quicken just sends a list of securities to MorningStar and they return the web page with the information.  As long as the security information hasn't changed, it should be giving the same results.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Robhermann
    Robhermann Member ✭✭
    I've tried that multiple times, including the custom account groupings thayt I have set up.
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    You click the Refresh X-Ray button after re-selecting the accounts and securities, right?

What edition of Quicken are you running? The X-Ray requires Premier or higher.

Do you get any error message when it does not display?
  • Robhermann
    Robhermann Member ✭✭
    Fixed it! I changed the Securities selection tool from All Securities to Custom, then selected All Securities in the Custom menu, refreshed, and it was there! Switched back to All Securities in the drop down and it is working fine again. Thank You!
  • Jim_Harman
    I'm glad you found the magic sequence!

Now if only they would let us print the results!
This discussion has been closed.