Quicken US Bank MasterCard - Direct Connect Setup then Failure

Dora123
Dora123 Member ✭✭
I've been going through this OK/next-day-not-ok process with the lock outs and mailing of a 4-digit Card Access Password (always the same one from when the account opened for months now. Talked to US Bank and was switched over to Quicken. Always seems to work one day and fail the next day or so. My theory now is that US Bank must supply the new 4-digit passcode that you enter on the "Change Quicken Card Access Password" - not just make one up and enter it. Any thoughts?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you set your Financial Institution, in Q to "US Bank - PFM Direct Connect"?  Have you agreed with USB to be charged $3.95/month to download ALL of your USB accounts (I have several) via Direct connect?
    My Kroger Mastercard, issued by USB, works flawlessly, and has since I switched from "Express Web Connect" in 2015.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dora123
    Dora123 Member ✭✭
    No. I have the special private card called "Quicken World MasterCard" issued by US Bank and Quicken that has a different/unique financial institution - "Quicken Credit Card -US Bank". It's not a normal US Bank account. It has its own online screen, etc. There is no monthly charge.

I just went through the entire process again (where I followed the password change screen and set up a new 4-digit password I picked). It worked fine and the update ran successfully on the day I changed it but failed today just like it has in the past.
  • Dora123
    Dora123 Member ✭✭
    Just went thru the process again. On 4/6 Deactivated Direct Connect, Add Account, Changed Access Password, and set up successfully, Automatic update worked fine. Todat, 4/7, it fails. New theory, when I do the Add Account, two accounts from US Bank appear. One was an old account that I had to wipe out because of a lost card. The other is the current one I use. When I load Quicken, I always "do not add" the old one but add the new one using the current quicken account. I wonder if having the old one still appearing on US Bank could be a problem when US Bank verifies the following day for some reason.
  • Dora123
    Dora123 Member ✭✭
    Was able to get connected and Direct Connect updated successfully during the "One Step" or "Update Now". The top of the Account screen shows that an update was completed for the date & time of the current update. But, the last several days, at the start of one-step, the screen pops that asks to update/change the Access Password the "first" time I do an update. I've been just clicking on "Cancel"
    and letting one-step continue to run. I'm hoping that someday the pop-up screen can be eliminated from the update process even though I'm pleased to have been running with the automatic update for my US BANK QMC successfully for several days now in spite of the pop-up and don't want to eliminate this by completing the pop-up with another new access password. Any thoughts?
  • Dora123
    Dora123 Member ✭✭
    After ignoring the "Change Access Password" screen for several days I noticed several transactions were missed and did a manual download. The transactions were added. Now suspect that cancelling out of change password may be causing the update to not work even though the top of the Account screen in Quicken indicates an update was done. Should I try the "change" and see if if works after I have done some purchases?
  • Dora123
    Dora123 Member ✭✭
    Today I tried to change the Access Password but the screen didn't allow it. I entered a new password but little indicators that indicate I'm meeting the requirements of a new password didn't change and the "change password" box at the bottom didn't change as expected. I had to just "cancel" and it continued as before.
This discussion has been closed.