tab bar disappears

Options
Howard1
Howard1 Member ✭✭
The tab bar has disappeared from our Quicken window. Also, the Investment tool has disappeared from the Toolbar, and there is no option to restore it in the Customize Toolbar pop-up window. This makes it impossible for us to access the Investment window. How can we restore these functions?
Thank you.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Click View / Show Tabs to restore your Tabs Bar.
    You may also want to change to View / Classic Menus to show more items on the top menu bar.
    In the Customize Toolbar window, scroll down the list. There  should be a number of "Go to ..." selections to choose from, including "Go to Investing" or "Go to Investing >> Portfolio"

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hello @Howard1

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I attempted to recreate this on my end but was unsuccessful. Therefore, I would suggest un/reinstalling the program. 

For instructions on un/reinstalling your Quicken program click here. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-uninstall-quicken-windows

Hope this helps! Please let us know how it goes and any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Click View / Show Tabs to restore your Tabs Bar.
    You may also want to change to View / Classic Menus to show more items on the top menu bar.
    In the Customize Toolbar window, scroll down the list. There  should be a number of "Go to ..." selections to choose from, including "Go to Investing" or "Go to Investing >> Portfolio"
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P.S.: I noticed on your submitted image that your account register shows three columns for transaction amounts. Please consider the following, to make a little more room in your register view for the other columns:

Register Column Amount together with Charge and Payment Columns

Does your account register show the Amount column together with Charge and Payment (or Payment and Deposit) columns?
    Depending on your personal preference you should use
    • either the traditional pair of Charge and Payment columns together
    • or the newer Amount column alone (where you have to enter negative amounts with a Minus sign and positive amounts with a plus sign)

but you really don't need all three of them.
    Please decide which columns to use and remove the other one(s) from the view.

Q Windows: To add / delete columns in your register click the Register Columns gear icon located next to the Balance column header.
    Q Mac: there's a Columns button at the bottom right of the register view

• Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you both so kindly for your advice. I followed the direction of UKR: Switched to Classic Menus under the View menu, then was able to add "Go to Investing" to the Toolbar. This did add the "Go to Investing" tool to the Toolbar. I then switched back to to View/Standard Menus: The "Go to Investing" tool remained in the Toolbar, AND THE TAB BAR REAPPEARED. Amazing. Also, thanks to UKR for the tip about the Register columns.
This discussion has been closed.