CDCFCU transaction downloads lag bank's

Roger_B
Roger_B Member ✭✭
Using Quicken Web Connect with CDCFCU and the transactions recorded on the bank's website are taking several days to be downloaded. But the online balance is downloaded creating errors with reconcile because of the difference.

For example, I see my paycheck deposited yesterday on the website, but Quicken hasn't downloaded that transaction and is telling me that a balance adjustment of the exact amount of my check is needed.

TL;DR - Quicken establishes a connection with my bank, downloads the correct balances, but not the newest transactions the bank shows until several days have passed.

Edit 1: It *just* went through while I was typing this, but Quicken isn't crediting an automatic transfer *between* checking and savings under the same account. It "sees" the debit from my checking account, but hasn't recorded the credit in my savings account. AND it's complaining about a balance difference of, you guessed it, the exact amount transferred.

Edit 2: Yes, I can manually enter the transactions, but that's beside the point. If I have to do that, why am I paying for Quicken?

Comments

• Roger_B
    Roger_B Member ✭✭
    Edit 3: I was incorrect about the transfer to savings, Quicken hasn't downloaded the transaction (yet) and is complaining about the balances being different.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Roger_B said:
    Edit 3: I was incorrect about the transfer to savings, Quicken hasn't downloaded the transaction (yet) and is complaining about the balances being different.
    Hello @Roger_B

I am sorry to hear about this issue with slow transaction downloads. Thank you for speaking with us about this problem here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you currently downloading transactions and importing them from the CDC FCU website, or are you attempting to download them [Removed - Windows]? Also, are you using Web Connect - or [Quicken Connect], as a connection [type]? [Removed - Windows]

I am eager to hear your answers, should you have the chance to check back in with us about this once more.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Roger_B
    Roger_B Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared, I'm using Quicken Webconnect and this has worked perfectly in the past. Currently, I am working with support on this issue, thanks.
  • Roger_B
    Roger_B Member ✭✭
    Jared, I'm looking for Tools>Account List and Transaction Downloads, but that doesn't seem to be available on Mac, are you thinking of Windows?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Roger_B,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Apologies for the confusion as the instructions Jared gave are in fact for Windows. His response has been corrected. If you wish to check the connection type in Quicken for Mac, you can do so by opening the account register and navigating to Settings on the bottom right. Then, click on the Downloads tab.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Roger_B
    Roger_B Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,
    Currently, I have a support ticket open for this (9370037), but what Jared said before it was edited has me curious. Where do I find the log of what was downloaded? It seemed he was describing just that. I've disconnected and reset the connection several times, and currently, there are a couple of transactions I'm waiting to be downloaded that went through today.

Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response.

If you wish to review your log files, you can find them by navigating to Help > Show Logs in Finder.

I hope this helps! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.