Discover Card account won't update / CC-508 Error

Options
Beijing Mac
Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
I have a Discover Card account in my Quicken file and just recently (past few days I recall) it was not updating.  I attempted to fix it this morning and was unsuccessful.

The error code in Quicken is CC-508.  "Wait.  Your financial institution has a request."

I have attemped several times to reset or set up my One Step Update for this account and continue to get the CC-508 error.

Is anyone else having issues with Discover Card?  I didn't see any recent posting.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Beijing Mac,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this CC-508 error. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses troubleshooting steps to take when confronted with the CC-508 error. You may follow this link here to access these steps. 

Please let us know how it goes after performing the troubleshooting steps, so we may assist further if needed. 

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I understand, Discover credit cards can be downloaded using Direct Connect instead of Express Web Connect.  I would switch to Direct Connect instead always fighting the with the unrealizable Express Web Connect.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is the result I get after validating my data file and deleting all cookies.  I have logged on to the Discover site many times and there are no new pages or pop-ups that require my attention.  I also removed the card account number in the account details, closed quicken and reopened Quicken after a 30-60 sec delay and tried to activate one step update.  Same result.  

Interesting thing is that I have 2 other Discover cards that I update in Quicken (family members, different accound numbers) and these 2 cards are syncing without any issue.  

Am unable to connect with either option, only way currently to download activity is the old-fashioned way to log into the FI website and download a file with activity, then upload that into Quicken.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you do it this way?
    First deactivate the account for downloading (Account Details -> Online Services tab).
    Tools -> Add Account
    Type Discover

Select Advanced Options.

Select Direct Connect and continue from there.  When you get logged in and it shows you the account(s) make sure you link the online account to the one in Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Did you do it this way?
    First deactivate the account for downloading (Account Details -> Online Services tab).
    Tools -> Add Account
    Type Discover

Select Advanced Options.

Select Direct Connect and continue from there.  When you get logged in and it shows you the account(s) make sure you link the online account to the one in Quicken.

Chris -- no I didn't try the "Add Account" option, I kep trying to set up the existing account.  Saw your recommendation and tried it -- it went through the steps as you indicated and then I came to the screen and I linked it to my existing account -- so very BIG THANK YOU! as this has worked and I have a good feeling it will continue to work!
This discussion has been closed.