Checking account today says it has never been reconciled.

Options
Barbara O'Keeffe
Barbara O'Keeffe Member ✭✭✭
Everything was fine with checking account this morning. Opened to add some purchases for today and confirm deposit and all of a sudden all of the reconciled "Clear" boxes have a blue check, not green. Says it has NEVER been reconciled back to 2014! All the credit card accounts, savings account show they have been reconciled. I don't even know where to start.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    This is a very strange occurrence. What version of QMac are you using?

Do you have a backup you can revert to? That would be my first option.

If not (and you should start keeping regular backups), then after making a backup, try to reconcile the account from opening date until now. Hopefully it just reconciles successfully and everything is back to normal. I have no idea what could cause this to happen.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Barbara O'Keeffe
    Options
    Version 6.6.2 , always backup. I have tried to open a couple of backups but they always comes up with the same information including the inputs from yesterday morning. I have used backups before and didn't have a problem opening it and then filling in recent items. So obviously I'm doing something wrong when I open a backup, but I don't know what that is.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    If you restore a backup but then see information you entered/changed after that backup was created, then it sounds like you are somehow using the current file, not the restored backup. How do you open your Quicken file normally? How are you going about restoring the backup?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Barbara O'Keeffe
    Options
    I finally figured out I had to duplicate the file on place it on my desktop, then I can open it. Unfortunately there are updates in April, but the next oldest update is end of December and is labeled Pre-Update backup. And I notice this true of most of 2021, there are wide gaps with a Pre-Update backups that must span several weeks. So that would mean re-entering 3 months worth of purchases/payments not only in the checking accounts, but all of the other accounts. Or, since I do have electronic copies of all of my bank statements going back to 2014 when I set up this current checking account, I go through the reconciliation process on each month, tedious, but I am retired so have some time. I just wish I knew what it was that I did to cause this to happen.
  • Barbara O'Keeffe
    Options
    OK, so I decided what the h*ll, since they had blue check marks, I did the reconcile changing the date of reconcile to the last day of March, she came back with difference 0, and I finished and now have Green check marks again. Have no idea why she thought that it had never been reconciled, but now it is once again.
This discussion has been closed.