Deactivate/Reactivate accounts?

Options
Suntu
Suntu Member ✭✭
If I deactivate then reactivate accounts on a computer, do I then need to do it on all computers?

Will it impact other computers?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Suntu,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question, I would be happy to help you out.

Deactivating and reactivating your accounts on one computer should not affect your other computer as they are separate data files. Unless you have the file stored on a cloud-based drive that is shared on both computers, however, we do advise against this as it could cause corruption and file damage. 

I hope this helps. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your comment.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Suntu,

You are very welcome. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Options
    The new Quicken Cloud is the link??? Problem is recurring. I deactivate/reactivate on one computer. Later when I open another computer I have to do the same. Then whenever I go to the third computer, I have to do it again. When I return to the primary computer, I have to do it again. Loop continues.
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Options
    See attached... Issue started about 4-5 weeks ago. How many times do I deactivate/reactivate before other issues arise?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @Suntu,

Thank you for your responses and for providing additional information as well as a screenshot. 

I do apologize for all the trouble you are going through. As we discussed earlier, deactivating and reactivating accounts on one computer does not cause the same actions to occur on your other devices. 

In regards to the CC-800 error. I have located a Support Article that defines some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with this error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. 

If the troubleshooting steps in the support article fail to resolve your issue, then I would advise contacting Quicken Support for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the reference link. Quicken support gave me some additional steps: after deactivating the account, validate the file then close Quicken. Reopen Quicken then reactivate. It works until another computer is used then the vicious cycle begins again. Sometimes I get the error message to update to direct connect but if I do then the Visa account does not update. See attached... Quicken Support has not found a remedy.
This discussion has been closed.