E*Trade Brokerage Fully Paid Lending program

hotjava
hotjava Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an E*Trade brokerage account and participate in the Fully Paid Lending program. With every market day, when I update Quicken it enters two meaningless transactions - a withdrawal entry with payee "Jnl" and a deposit entry of the same amount and payee starting with "Rdm". Every day I just delete the transactions but it would be better if it just did not download those transactions. Is there a way to stop these from downloading?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    hotjava said:
    I have an E*Trade brokerage account and participate in the Fully Paid Lending program. With every market day, when I update Quicken it enters two meaningless transactions - a withdrawal entry with payee "Jnl" and a deposit entry of the same amount and payee starting with "Rdm". Every day I just delete the transactions but it would be better if it just did not download those transactions. Is there a way to stop these from downloading?
    Hello @hotjava

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating situation regarding unwanted transactions being downloaded. Thank you for reaching out to discuss this matter with us. 

Provided that your settings have been properly customized, you should have the option to reject certain transactions before they enter your register. Save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen then navigate to Edit > Preferences... You should be able to see two relevant settings options in the panel of the window that appears named After downloading transactions.

Provided that neither of the boxes in the aforementioned panel are marked with 'checkmarks,' you should see a menu option just beneath the register itself including the phrase Downloaded Transactions with a certain number in parenthesis next to it after every One Step Update. You can then review and accept or reject individual transactions after clicking on this item.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "but it would be better if it just did not download those transactions. Is there a way to stop these from downloading?"
    The downloading method used here is Direct Connect so it's E*Trade that's sending you these transactions and the only way to prevent them from downloading is to convince E*Trade to leave them out of the OFX file they create if there's no actual transaction involved. 
    If you are having these downloaded transaction automatically entering into your transaction list (register) you can prevent that by having transactions instead placed into the Downloaded Transactions area below the transaction list, but you'd still have to delete them there.
This discussion has been closed.