How to correct an imbalance between my quicken and my online bank account

Bob Sr
Bob Sr Member
After updating my Quicken account with my online bank account, my Quicken account shows $11.77 more than my bank account. How can I correct this error?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Bob Sr,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help> About Quicken. What is the Financial Institution with the account that you are experiencing this balance error? What is the Connection Method with this account? You can see the Connection Method by navigating to Tools in the upper left > Account List > Edit next to your account > Online Services. 

I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Bob Sr"

Before you can "correct it" I would suggest that you try to determine the cause of the error. 

Have you reconciled the bank account and determined that the reconcile does not balance?  If you haven't reconciled yet - that should be your first step.  If you have done the reconciliation and couldn't get the account to balance, you should consider that -because the balance per the bank is less your register - the most likely cause would be a missing check entry, bank charge, or fee that you haven't entered into your register.  

On the other hand, if you don't want to determine the cause, you could always simply make a correcting entry in the "Payment" column of the register for 11.77 and call it a day for now.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Bob Sr
    Bob Sr Member
    I am grateful for the responses I've received, however, I must apologize that the error I referenced was due to my own mistakes with improper entries in my Quicken account. I am embarrassed to admit my stupidity but felt it necessary to respond for the courtesy you extended to assist.

God Bless and Stay Healthy,

Bob
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Bob Sr,

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that you were able to resolve the errors and realized that they had been input wrong. 

We truly appreciate you letting us know. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. We are more than happy to help!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bob Sr  Thanks for owning up to your error.  Very few do.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.