Charles Schwab Downloads

Problem appears to have started April 1, 2022. When I attempt to download checking account transactions, I receive no error messages, the process looks like it works, but no transactions download to Quicken (there are transactions that should have downloaded). I have reset the account, acknowledged the banking form Schwab has and been returned to Quicken by Schwab but still transactions will not download (again, no error messages being received).

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to try is to log into Schwab, Click Services > Security Center, scroll all the way down to the "Quicken" area, expand it, and make sure that account has a check mark in it.
  • rowandh
    rowandh Member
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the account was checked.
  • Tom Young
    It's probably time to place a call to Quicken, screen share, and work this out with them.  Do it at a time where you can dedicate a couple of hours to the process.  It would seem like something "local" to your file is causing this since your other Schwab Accounts are working properly.
  • rowandh
    rowandh Member
    Problem solved. For those that might have a similar issue. Previously, I had deactivated online services then reactivated it. Went through the process and all looked well but transactions did not download. Today I discovered a Quicken memo on the subject.

The solution - I deactivated online services, then rather than reactivate, I added a new account. Selected Charles Schwab (tried Charles Schwab Web Connect further down the list - did not work). When adding the account, it takes you to Charles Schwab, sign in, accept Schwab's release, then accept. Back to Quicken where you link this new account to an existing account (your original account) and magically, transactions downloaded.

As I completed these steps I recalled that several years ago I had the same issue so periodically this issue pops up for some reason.
  • snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    I do trades through Schwab brokerage services and noticed there are 2-5 hour delays between the transaction executed in the brokerage account and Quicken postings. I have tried 15-minute one step updates with no results. This has been going on since the Schwab direct link conversion. I wonder if Schwab is delaying the postings. Is anyone else having a delay problem?
  • Tom Young
    The "typical" EWC polling by Quicken of financial institutions is once a day, at night.  It does seem that for Schwab the polling is taking place more frequently than that so that you do get more rapid results than is typical, but the update is not nearly as fast as was available under Direct Connect.  With Direct Connect you could initiate an action - a transfer of cash for example - at the Schwab site, then log into Quicken, do a download, and the transaction was available.
    Internally Schwab is still posting transactions in near real time as they always have, it's the delay in polling on Quicken's part that slows things down.

• snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    Is there any way to go back to Direct Connect?
  • Tom Young
    Nope.  Charles Schwab did this to their benefit and unless they see a large adverse action - like scads of clients leaving as a result of the change - Direct Connect is gone, never to return.

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, wonder how much money Charles Schwab saved going to Web Connect from Direct Connect?  Will say that every account that made this switch has problems with/in Quicken, Capital One, Sallie Mae, etc.
  • Missouri Tom
    Missouri Tom Member ✭✭
    I tried the "fix" above, and still cannot get anything to download. The update looks like everything is happening correctly, but nothing downloads.
  • labjbeach
    labjbeach Member
    I created a new account and went through the Schwab authentication but no transactions download.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Hello All, 

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community and for joining this thread to let us know that you are also experiencing this issue with Charles Schwab.

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screen share. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.