Elan Financial (Ameriprise Visa) CC-501: Not downloading, cannot setup

CptKirk
CptKirk Member ✭✭
About two weeks ago noticed that this was not updating when doing an 'Update Accounts'. I just let it go and figured it would work out in a few days or so. That normally happens when some accounts have hic ups.

Still kept happening so just a few minutes ago I deactivated online services to try and reset it.

After selecting Elan Financial Services I enter the username and password I use on their website. I then get the CC-501 Quicken error.

Quicken DOES NOT ask for any of the extra security questions that Elan uses on their website.

I have no problems logging into the Elan website for my CC account.

Do I just keep trying every few days to set it up?

(On Quicken subscription, using latest R39.23)

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you want to continue to using the Express Web Connect connection, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Hello @CptKirk,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

I have located a Support Article regarding steps to take when presented with a CC-501 error. You may follow this link to access that article. 

It is recommended to wait at least 24 hours before attempting to update or add the account again. If you are still receiving the CC-501 error message after waiting 24 hours, then we do recommend reaching out to Quicken Support.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• CptKirk
    CptKirk Member ✭✭
    @Sherlock, thanks. If push comes to shove I will change to Web Connect. The Elan site has the ability to download transactions and Quicken is one of the options for the download type.

@quicken Jasmine, I will try to reconnect it tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.