New icon in accounts bar

I'm seeing an icon in the accounts bar that I've never seen before. It's a circle with a slash through it but it's not the accounts closed icon - this one is fainter and is to the left of the account. What does it mean??

Best Answer

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Larry12604, this icon is usually due to a CC-800 error. This can happen if you have deactivated or deleted an account and then restored a Quicken backup file.

Here are the steps to resolve it;

First, deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools > Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools > Add Account 
    2. Go through the process of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken. 
    Error Message When Updating Accounts CC-800

Please let me know if this resolves this problem, I hope this helps! :)
    -Quicken Jade

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing an icon in the accounts bar that I've never seen before. It's a circle with a slash through it but it's not the accounts closed icon - this one is fainter and is to the left of the account. What does it mean??
    Hello @Larry12604

I am sorry for any confusion or distress this symbol may have caused. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

When you hover your cursor over the symbol, do any messages or does any text appear? Often this is how the software should function; if nothing is appearing then I would be curious to know about this as well. Also, when did this issue begin?

I look forward to your response, should you have the chance to check in with us once more.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Larry12604, this icon is usually due to a CC-800 error. This can happen if you have deactivated or deleted an account and then restored a Quicken backup file.

Here are the steps to resolve it;

First, deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools > Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools > Add Account 
    2. Go through the process of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken. 
    Error Message When Updating Accounts CC-800

Please let me know if this resolves this problem, I hope this helps! :)
    -Quicken Jade
  • Larry12604
    Larry12604 Member ✭✭
    Yes, that worked and I'm connected again - thanks!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Quicken Jared said:  I am sorry for any confusion or distress this symbol may have caused.
    you probably show read the other response and resolution from - @Quicken Jade

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Great to hear that, thank you for reaching out! @Larry12064 :smile:
This discussion has been closed.