Find funds button in allocations tab does nothing?

Rick8
Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Rick8 said:
    Hello @Rick8

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the Find funds button being unresponsive. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

When did this issue begin, and where there any other changes that coincided with it? My first recommendation would be to restore from a recent backup to see if the problem continues after doing so. We recommend saving backups often by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has happened frequently, you should be able to restore from a recent backup by going to File > Restore a Backup File... and selecting a file saved just before this issue began.

I hope to hear back from you about this, and I intend to continue working with you on this in the future. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rick8
    I am trying to duplicate this issue, but I don't see the button you are referring to in QWin Premier R39.23.

What version are you running, and how exactly did you get to the problem button?

Also is this a feature you have used recently, or was this the first time you tried to use it?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jim_Harman the OP MAY be talking about the Allocations dialog that's an option on the INVESTING main menu.  There's a "Find Top Funds" button at the bottom of the page, but it's not doing anything for me either.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    @Jim_Harman the OP MAY be talking about the Allocations dialog that's an option on the INVESTING main menu.  There's a "Find Top Funds" button at the bottom of the page, but it's not doing anything for me either.
    Thanks, I use the Allocations page a lot, but I never scroll down that far. I have a vague recollection of looking at the Find Top Funds function several years ago, but I did not find it useful so I never went back.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Allocations tab under investing.  Find top funds.  Has not worked in at least 8 months.  Used to find 4 and 5 star funds from Morningstar to replace the 1-3 star funds or unrated funds you might have.
This discussion has been closed.