Cloud account not found

What on earth am I supposed to do about the cloud account not found? Am I supposed to reconnect all my accounts and passwords? And will that "fix" it? I don't look forward to reconnecting twelve accounts and reopening my file and have it still not working. The error message is (as I'm sure you know( Quicken cannot find a corresponding cloud account.
Click “Set up a new cloud account” to resolve the issue.
I select that and am then told that "Quicken could not verify the connection to Quicken Cloud."
So now what? HELP

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    What on earth am I supposed to do about the cloud account not found? Am I supposed to reconnect all my accounts and passwords? And will that "fix" it? I don't look forward to reconnecting twelve accounts and reopening my file and have it still not working. The error message is (as I'm sure you know( Quicken cannot find a corresponding cloud account.
    Click “Set up a new cloud account” to resolve the issue.
    I select that and am then told that "Quicken could not verify the connection to Quicken Cloud."
    So now what? HELP
    Hello @Joan Erlewine,    

I am sorry to hear about these issues with cloud accounts and syncing. Thank you for speaking with us here on the Quicken Community about these problems.

First, go to Quicken in the menu at the upper left-hand corner of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, select Sign Out... Finally, sign back in using your Quicken ID (typically your email address) and associated password, then follow any prompts necessary to enter your data file once more.

I am eager to hear about the results of attempting this troubleshooting step, and hope to work with you on this in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    Did not work or make any difference. Pop still comes up
  • Quicken Jared
    Did not work or make any difference. Pop still comes up
    Hello @Steven Brown

I am sorry that you are being affected by this issue as well. Thank you for seeking additional information through this discussion.

Have you tried resetting your cloud account? First, go to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open, then follow the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to Quicken in the upper menu while the app is open
    2. Select Preferences
    3. Select Connected Services
    4. Click Reset
    5. Enter your Quicken password when prompted
    I look forward to hearing back from you once these steps have been attempted. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    Once I click "connected services" up comes the popup asking me to set up a cloud account. I do not even think I ever had one? I did see some earlier discussion about this same topic from December and maybe even earlier Jared. In the Mac forum it appears to be a serious issue. We are dead in our tracks. Thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Once I click "connected services" up comes the popup asking me to set up a cloud account. I do not even think I ever had one? I did see some earlier discussion about this same topic from December and maybe even earlier Jared. In the Mac forum it appears to be a serious issue. We are dead in our tracks. Thanks
    @Steven Brown

Thank you for continuing to follow up with me about this. I am sorry that this issue remains ongoing. 

Is there any way you could provide a screenshot displaying the message you are now seeing? You can view the FAQ linked here for a description of the method to providing a screenshot on the Quicken Community. Note that you can also drag and drop images into your comment. 

I am eager to see your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Steven Brown I'm not sure I understand the problem. Is there a reason you can't click the "Set up a new cloud account" button and move on? Why are you dead in your tracks?

If you have Sync turned off — which I recommend unless you actively use the mobile app or web interface — the creation a cloud account will NOT upload your transaction data to Quicken Cloud. But every Quicken file has an associated Cloud account (which contains some identifying information) even if you're not syncing your data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911025/cloud-account-not-found

Jacob I have had no issues since I began using the MAC version last summer. I will attempt to set up a new cloud account even though I did not even know I had one? Looks like several others or more had or are having issues. Thanks for your assistance.

I did as you asked and AMEX was synced but then it hung up and finally got a message that said, "Sync error warning problem with our servers". Goes onto bring up a menu where I can cut and send Quicken a detailed error report in detail. There were six errors in total. Sorry how best to share this error report with you?
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    Morning. I was able to re-connect everything and it appears to be working. Hopefully it remains stable over the weekend and beyond. Close my ticket if you wish. Thanks for your help.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Steven Brown I'm glad its working for you — at least for now. ;)

Just for your knowledge for future posts here, this forum is not official Quicken Support (which is available by phone or text chat). This forum is mostly fellow Quicken users — like me — with a handful of Quicken moderators who keep order and answer some questions. So there are no open "tickets" to close, because there are no tickets. But it's helpful and appreciated when people post that their problem is/appears to be resolved. Best wishes. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.