PayPal - Can't Add Credit Account

evillama
evillama Member ✭✭
Sync'ing PayPal Checking and Credit accounts worked for years but this weekend I received an error and was prompted to do a reset. Now I can't seem to add back the Credit part of my account; it only adds the Checking side. My wife's accounts still sync just fine, so not sure how to fix?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @hermannj Thank you for adding to this discussion and following up with the results of the test file.

If the same issue occurred in the test would confirm that PayPal is not sending the information over for the accounts that are missing. We would advise reaching out to PayPal about this as they will need to get in touch with our service provider to have this corrected.

However, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels here internally to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that is being investigated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    evillama said:
    Sync'ing PayPal Checking and Credit accounts worked for years but this weekend I received an error and was prompted to do a reset. Now I can't seem to add back the Credit part of my account; it only adds the Checking side. My wife's accounts still sync just fine, so not sure how to fix?
    Hello @evillama

I am sorry to hear about these issues with account connections and re-adding accounts to online banking services. Thank you for reaching out to us about these problems.

What error message had you noticed previously? Are you noticing this problem with any other accounts, especially ones associated with other financial institutions? Also, when you are re-adding your credit account, make sure that you are following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen
    2. Click the Edit button in the row across from the affected account
    3. Navigate to the Online Services tab
    4. Click Set Up Now...
    5. Enter your account credentials and walk through the remaining steps of setting up the connection
    6. Select LINK rather than Add when prompted 
    I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing further responses from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @evillama
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about these issues with account connections and re-adding accounts to online banking services. Thank you for reaching out to us about these problems.
    >
    > What error message had you noticed previously? Are you noticing this problem with any other accounts, especially ones associated with other financial institutions? Also, when you are re-adding your credit account, make sure that you are following the steps listed below:* Navigate to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen
    > * Click the Edit button in the row across from the affected account
    > * Navigate to the Online Services tab
    > * Click Set Up Now...
    > * Enter your account credentials and walk through the remaining steps of setting up the connection
    > * Select LINK rather than Add when prompted 
    >
    > I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing further responses from you.
    >  
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the error only showed the one time and I didn't write down the code #. This is only happening with PayPal - all my other bank accounts, credit cards, and loans are sync'ing properly.

Yes - those are the same steps I follow to re-add the account, but in the past I would see two PayPal accounts "Checking" and "Credit card" - now it only gives me "Checking" to LINK...
  • Quicken Jared
    evillama said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @evillama
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about these issues with account connections and re-adding accounts to online banking services. Thank you for reaching out to us about these problems.
    >
    > What error message had you noticed previously? Are you noticing this problem with any other accounts, especially ones associated with other financial institutions? Also, when you are re-adding your credit account, make sure that you are following the steps listed below:* Navigate to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen
    > * Click the Edit button in the row across from the affected account
    > * Navigate to the Online Services tab
    > * Click Set Up Now...
    > * Enter your account credentials and walk through the remaining steps of setting up the connection
    > * Select LINK rather than Add when prompted 
    >
    > I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing further responses from you.
    >  
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the error only showed the one time and I didn't write down the code #. This is only happening with PayPal - all my other bank accounts, credit cards, and loans are sync'ing properly.

Yes - those are the same steps I follow to re-add the account, but in the past I would see two PayPal accounts "Checking" and "Credit card" - now it only gives me "Checking" to LINK...
    Hello @evillama

I do apologize, again, that this issue is continuing. Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this.

Be sure to check the account number of your currently operational Checking account as well as the number provided for the account when you are seeking to link it during the process of setting up online banking connections. For the Checking account, go back into Tools > Account List... and then click the Edit button next to this account. Make sure that the digits in the General tab next to 'Account Number' are correct.

Additionally, what connection method are you using to link your accounts? You can find this information in the Online Settings tab you previously accessed. In this case, you would want to be sure you are looking at the connection associated with the Checking account. 

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing from you once again. 

Thank you,             

Quicken Jared
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @evillama
    >
    > I do apologize, again, that this issue is continuing. Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this.
    >
    > Be sure to check the account number of your currently operational Checking account as well as the number provided for the account when you are seeking to link it during the process of setting up online banking connections. For the Checking account, go back into Tools > Account List... and then click the Edit button next to this account. Make sure that the digits in the General tab next to 'Account Number' are correct.
    >
    > Additionally, what connection method are you using to link your accounts? You can find this information in the Online Settings tab you previously accessed. In this case, you would want to be sure you are looking at the connection associated with the Checking account. 
    >
    > I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing from you once again. 
    >
    > Thank you,             
    >
    > Quicken Jared

As this is PayPal - the "account number" is showing as my username/e-mail address (same configuration as my wife's which is working properly).

The connection method is Express Web Connect (also same as wife's).
  • Quicken Jared
    evillama said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @evillama
    >
    > I do apologize, again, that this issue is continuing. Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this.
    >
    > Be sure to check the account number of your currently operational Checking account as well as the number provided for the account when you are seeking to link it during the process of setting up online banking connections. For the Checking account, go back into Tools > Account List... and then click the Edit button next to this account. Make sure that the digits in the General tab next to 'Account Number' are correct.
    >
    > Additionally, what connection method are you using to link your accounts? You can find this information in the Online Settings tab you previously accessed. In this case, you would want to be sure you are looking at the connection associated with the Checking account. 
    >
    > I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing from you once again. 
    >
    > Thank you,             
    >
    > Quicken Jared

As this is PayPal - the "account number" is showing as my username/e-mail address (same configuration as my wife's which is working properly).

The connection method is Express Web Connect (also same as wife's).
    @evillama

Thanks again for providing more information and answering my questions.

I may not have understood correctly, but it sounds as though you are using the same email address for both the Checking and Credit accounts, is that correct? Do you recall if there had been a separate email in use for either of these at one point in time?

I am very eager to your answer about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    I've always been using my one e-mail for both types of accounts. Similar to adding a checking and credit card account from a retail bank (e.g. Chase) - you enter your username and password and Quicken will show you all the checking, savings, and credit card accounts you have at that bank. But for some reason PayPal is now only showing me the checking account to add (not PayPal Credit). I logged into my account on the web and everything looks OK. I checked my wife's account setup and she is also using one e-mail account for PayPal checking and PayPal credit.
  • Jongkind
    Jongkind Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I'm having the same problem. We had Paypal Credit Card setup and downloading just fine. Then there was an issue and we removed the online connectivity. Then tried to set it up again, now only shows paypal account and no credit card account. This must be an issue between Quicken/Paypal/Synchony Bank.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @evillama & @Jongkind,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, I'd like to have you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. 

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding your PayPal accounts.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• hermannj
    hermannj Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same issue. When I try to set up PayPal credit it pulls all PayPal transactions. I tried the above suggestion with a new test file and got the same results.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    @hermannj Thank you for adding to this discussion and following up with the results of the test file.

If the same issue occurred in the test would confirm that PayPal is not sending the information over for the accounts that are missing. We would advise reaching out to PayPal about this as they will need to get in touch with our service provider to have this corrected.

However, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels here internally to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > @hermannj Thank you for adding to this discussion and following up with the results of the test file.
    >
    > If the same issue occurred in the test would confirm that PayPal is not sending the information over for the accounts that are missing. We would advise reaching out to PayPal about this as they will need to get in touch with our service provider to have this corrected.
    >
    > However, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels here internally to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

Anja - thanks for confirming. Since there are (at least) 3 of us experiencing this sync'ing issue with PayPal Credit - will Quicken Support be in contact with them on our behalf? Seems an internal issue to be worked out between the two companies?
  • Quicken Anja
    evillama said:
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    Anja - thanks for confirming. Since there are (at least) 3 of us experiencing this sync'ing issue with PayPal Credit - will Quicken Support be in contact with them on our behalf? Seems an internal issue to be worked out between the two companies?
    While we have reported it to the proper channels here internally and our teams will do what is necessary on our end, we do still advise that you also reach out to PayPal to report as well since the issue is confirmed to be on PayPal's end. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• garylapalombara
    garylapalombara Member ✭✭
    I recently started having the same issue...fist the cc-506 error showed up for a week then it was suggested to disconnect and reconnect PayPal accounts but now it only seems to find the base PayPal account (shows as a checking). Neither the PayPal Credit card nor the PayPal Line of Credit account will connect in Quicken. Reported as a problem today.
  • Birdman24
    Birdman24 Windows Beta Beta
    I am also having this exact problem.  My problem also started with the cc-506 and after doing a disconnect, I have been unable to connect my Quicken Paypal credit card account.  Like the others, when I do an Add account or Setup account, it only pulls the information for the Paypal checking account.  How do we escalate this issue within Quicken so that it gets resolved?
  • garylapalombara
    I chatted with someone today and she had me enter a problem into quicken support.
  • pronaldzito
    pronaldzito Member
    I started experiencing this same exact problem around April 9. Have not reported it. Did try to reset the account and as noted by others, the PayPal account is listed but not the PayPal Credit account.
  • Birdman24
    Birdman24 Windows Beta Beta
    garylapalombara - How do you "enter a problem into quicken support"?  I thought that calling or chatting with support did that automatically.  Maybe if all of us having this problem will enter a problem report, we can put focus on resolution of this issue.
  • garylapalombara
    Under the Help menu there is a "report a problem" option. Be sure to describe the problem and include all of the logs available.
  • hermannj
    hermannj Member ✭✭
    I went to PayPal credit and tried download transactions to import into Quicken. I received the attached screenshot. If I try to activate one step update I can see that it wants to go to Synchrony, but when I put in my PayPal credentials it fails.
  • I also am having the same problem. My Paypal Mastercard through Synchrony had been downloading for years until a couple weeks ago. I've tried all the tips of resetting, disconnect/reconnect and add-new but nothing works. Quicken download can find my paypal account but not my paypal credit card for transactions. Very frustrating so many people are having this issue and it is not getting fixed.
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    At least acknowledge that the Quicken development teams are in contact with PayPal and working it out together? with an ETA to resolution?
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Anyone get this to work yet?
  • I'm having the same problem with my Paypal credit account. I do not have Paypal checking. I tried again today to set up my credit account and Quicken wants to add a checking account. Any idea when this problem will be resolved?
  • Brian127
    Brian127 Member
    I'm also having the same issue and worked for years with no issue. Have deactivated the connection from both the "checking" and "buyer credit". tried to add back and only the checking is working, not able to connect the credit account.
  • ladyblue
    ladyblue Member
    I am also having the same problem. When will this get fix.
  • Same problem here, since April 4.
  • Nunkat
    Nunkat Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue, last successful download was March 26th?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that is being investigated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason for this problem is somehow the PayPal Credit was diverted to Synchrony Bank. Everyone using PP Credit would have this issue, until it's separated again. Just save yourselves the frustration and deactivate the online setup and wait until the fix is available. 
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    It's been a week. Can we get a detailed status about the problem (from the "Tier 2 and escalations team")? No ETA but is the issue with PayPal? Is there a technical dispute between the two companies? Can we get a step-by-step manual workaround (Export/Import QFX files?)

I work in IT for a bank. No way an issue like this would be allowed to go on for this long.
This discussion has been closed.