Why can't I download my E-Trade saving account?

Options
mdespard
mdespard Unconfirmed, Member
I'm using Quicken for Mac subscription

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdespard said:
    I'm using Quicken for Mac subscription
    Hello @mdespard

I am sorry to hear about this issue with downloads. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

In order to be of assistance, we will require some additional information. When did this issue begin? What - if any - error messages are you receiving? Are you trying to update your accounts by clicking on the circular 'arrow' icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Quicken window, or are you trying to download and import .QFX files?

I look forward to your replies.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mdespard
    mdespard Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    Hi Jared. I just downloaded the Quicken for Mac App. I have been a Quicken user for about 20 years, but I'm recreating my accounts and starting fresh beginning with 2021 data. I was setting up my e-trade accounts (savings plus about 4 IRA accounts). I was able to add the 4 IRA accounts using the Quicken e-trade "bank" option, but when I use the same "bank" or any of the other e-trade options in the pull down, the message says I don't have an account with that email address (although I do...it worked for the other four accounts). I'm having this same issue with Guidestone Financial. Quicken only imports one of my two accounts.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    mdespard said:
    Hi Jared. I just downloaded the Quicken for Mac App. I have been a Quicken user for about 20 years, but I'm recreating my accounts and starting fresh beginning with 2021 data. I was setting up my e-trade accounts (savings plus about 4 IRA accounts). I was able to add the 4 IRA accounts using the Quicken e-trade "bank" option, but when I use the same "bank" or any of the other e-trade options in the pull down, the message says I don't have an account with that email address (although I do...it worked for the other four accounts). I'm having this same issue with Guidestone Financial. Quicken only imports one of my two accounts.
    Hello @mdespard

I am sorry that this issue is ongoing and that the resolution remains somewhat unclear, as of now. Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this problem.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

Also, do you think you could post a screenshot of the message you receive when trying to add the other e-trade accounts? You can read the FAQ in the link provided here for instructions on how to submit screenshots to the Quicken Community. Also, you can drag and drop images into your comment before it is posted, as well.

I look forward to working with you on this in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.