download quotes

GayGay
GayGay Member
I post manually every month from my brokerage statement to balance. I do not want any download quotes. I have unmarked all the appropriate boxes. Every month I have to delete current quotes under "Price History" tab of each security and post end of the month price. Quicken support says they cannot help.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    GayGay said:
    I post manually every month from my brokerage statement to balance. I do not want any download quotes. I have unmarked all the appropriate boxes. Every month I have to delete current quotes under "Price History" tab of each security and post end of the month price. Quicken support says they cannot help.
    Hello @GayGay

I am sorry to hear about this issue with quotes as they are being downloaded. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this.

In order to be of assistance, I do have some additional questions. What is happening when you download quotes that is causing issues? Are you wanting to operate your entire investment account manually? Are you unable to disconnect your account from online services, if so? Are you seeing any error messages?

I look forward to your response, and hope to continue working with you on this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm not sure what harm letting the quotes download could cause, but if you really down want anything quotes to download and you want to enter prices manually each month, you can edit each security to use a security Symbol which does not exist.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GayGay
    GayGay Member
    Weird that only mutual funds download. And only Friday quotes. Individual stocks do not download. Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve used Quicken for many years. This has never been an issue.
  • GayGay
    GayGay Member
    All portfolios set up manually. Only one portfolio is setup for downloads. Vanguard which is not user friendly. Other banks are fine. I like to balance monthly from Vanguard statements, therefore, only want manual price entries.
  • jacobs
    GayGay said:
    Weird that only mutual funds download. And only Friday quotes. Individual stocks do not download.
    That's odd. I'm not seeing this. Here's my downloaded price history for Apple, and as you can see, it has prices downloaded for every weekday:

• jacobs
    GayGay said:
    All portfolios set up manually. Only one portfolio is setup for downloads. Vanguard which is not user friendly. Other banks are fine. I like to balance monthly from Vanguard statements, therefore, only want manual price entries.
    I do almost exactly what you describe. I have retirement and non-retirement funds with Vanguard, and I choose to enter all my transactions manually, and then reconcile against my quarterly statements from Vanguard. But I do allow Quicken to download security prices because it simply saves me time. When reconciling against my Vanguard statement, the prices downloaded in Quicken are correct 99.9% of the time; in the handful of instances where the price from Quicken's quote supplier has been slightly off for some reason, I just edit the price to be what Vanguard reports. It's a lot easier than having to manually enter the price for each security every month or quarter. 
  • GayGay
    GayGay Member
    Thank you, I’ll try
This discussion has been closed.