Account Download Keeps Hanging

Options
k_man81
k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
I started off the day trying a "One Step Update"...that hung for more than 30 minutes. So, I force closed Quicken, and tried again. Same result.

Also did a "super validate", and then did an individual account update (instead of the One Step), and that also hung for at least 10 minutes. Just tried again with a different account...same result. :frowning:

Is some sort of maintenance going on? Is there an issue? All of this was working fine yesterday (actually just had one account start working again earlier in the week after about a week of not working).

-Thanks

Comments

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess today is "Good Friday"...which is a banking holiday. Not sure if that might be a factor??

I can obviously go a few days without updating...but any more than that becomes a HUGE burden.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @k_man81,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with prolonged updating functions. 

First, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before the "update hanging" occurred. You can follow this link here for more information on saving and restoring from backups. Please keep in mind, that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for the response. But, using a backup from 3 days, I am still seeing the problem.

-Thanks
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @k_man81,

Thank you for your response and for attempting to restore a backup, though I do apologize that the issue is still occurring.

In that case, I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    So, just trying again this morning, and things seem to be working - at least no more hanging.

The One Step update does seem to have bailed updating one of my accounts (not sure which one, but only about a 1/3 of institutions seemed to have been updated.

So...for now looks like the hanging issue was just a fluke (guessing server side issue - either fixed by me using my account to active one of my backups, or some transaction with one of my Financial Institutions just having a major issue and not timing out...)

-Thanks
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @k_man81,

Thank you for reaching back out to let us know that the issue has been resolved for you. We are happy to hear that. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

Enjoy your Monday!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.