Why doesn't quicken see my 2nd amex card when setting it up

Options
Garyr069
Garyr069 Member ✭✭
My wife has an amex card and I just set up a new Amex card with a separate log in. Both cards have the same last 4 digits. When I try to set up the new card in quicken it only shows a link to my wife's card (and also downloaded the new card charges into the existing wife's register). How do I get quicken for Mac to recognize and give the option for a new register for the new card

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @Garyr069,

Thank you for contacting the Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I recommend creating a test file and adding the American Express account(s) to see if the same error occurs. The test file is created so we may isolate the error and have a better understanding of how to proceed with a resolution. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Garyr069
    Garyr069 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I worked it out with Quicken Support -- it was very simple and just my lack of knowledge of the program. The simple answer was just prior to linking - I needed to "add a new account"
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Garyr069,

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution with Quicken Support. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.