How can I show more than 4 files at the bottom of the File menu?

When I click File and see the list of things below it, at the bottom is a list of the last 4 files I opened. How can I get it to show me more than 4? Thank you.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sorry - it appears even if you have more listed in the QUSER.INI file - it only uses the 4 hard coded limit -
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Config\quser.ini

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you have more than four files that you use I would recommend putting a link to each file on your desktop.  This way you can always open Quicken with the file you want.   

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sorry - it appears even if you have more listed in the QUSER.INI file - it only uses the 4 hard coded limit -
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Config\quser.ini

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Reedie1965
    Reedie1965 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for answering.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you have more than four files that you use I would recommend putting a link to each file on your desktop.  This way you can always open Quicken with the file you want.   
  • Reedie1965
    Reedie1965 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for answering. That's what I ended up doing.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    If you haven't already, you may want to consider using a right-click on a pinned Quicken icon in the task bar.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    If you haven't already, you may want to consider using a right-click on a pinned Quicken icon in the task bar.
    I have tried that a few times but not always found it to be successful.  Sometimes, it seems to still just open the most recently used file.  I realize it 'should' work.  I have not tried to diagnose the actual behavior.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    A shortcut to the data file should always work.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Reedie1965
    Reedie1965 Member ✭✭
    Thank you to @Sherlock and @q_lurker and @Chris_QPW. I did put the shortcut on my desktop, but I'll also try the right-click just in case. I appreciate all the help.
This discussion has been closed.