PayPal MasterCard account no longer downloading new transactions

I am no longer receiving new transactions from my PayPal MasterCard account that I setup with PayPal as the Bank. Quicken is connecting successfully it appears, just no new transactions are downloading, although I know that there are transactions available for download currently. I noticed that my most recent monthly statement now shows Synchrony as the Bank rather than PayPal MasterCard. Has the configuration changed for this account?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that's being investigated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @Mike12,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Mike12
    Mike12 Member ✭✭
    That seems to have worked as I am able to download new transactions now. Thanks!
  • Mike12
    Mike12 Member ✭✭
    This stopped working almost immediately after my last message. Only the monthly payment was downloaded. Last weekend, I was totally unable to connect.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Mike12,

Thank you for your response, though I do apologize that this error is still occurring for you. 

I suggest deactivating and reactivating all of the Paypal Mastercard account(s). Please be aware that this includes any hidden or closed accounts that are still located within your Quicken. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. You may follow this link for instructions on how to deactivate and reactivate your accounts. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mike12
    Mike12 Member ✭✭
    After deactivation, when Activating, I search for the Paypal Mastercard and only the Paypal account shows up. Originally, the Mastercard account showed up in the list also. The Paypal Mastercard uses Synchrony Bank. Should I try to connect to this bank?
  • Mike12
    Mike12 Member ✭✭
    I tried using my login after selecting Synchrony Bank and it did not recognize it.
  • garylapalombara
    garylapalombara Member ✭✭
    Same with me...if I try and use Synchrony Bank for my Palpal Mastercard it does not accept my PayPal login info.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• phaedrus
    phaedrus Member
    I am also having the same issues. I'm not sure what log files to submit because I simply can't connect to the Paypal Mastercard no matter which bank I select.
  • krdrabik
    krdrabik Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Ive encountered the same error. No new transactions after 4/10/22 have been able to download. I tried submitting log files but i get "Unable to send report to Quicken, Please try again." consistently.
  • garylapalombara
    Are you using the report a problem under the Help menu?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
     Not just PayPal MasterCard, but also PayPal and PayPal Credit, too.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• krdrabik
    krdrabik Member, Windows Beta Beta
    > @garylapalombara said:
    > Are you using the report a problem under the Help menu?

yes
  • garylapalombara
    I selected all of the log files per the quicken person I was talking with
  • Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue. Synchrony PayPal MasterCard transactions have not downloaded since 4/12. Attempts to de/reactivate online access have failed (account is not recognized).
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that's being investigated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.