Citibank Credit Cards - Error CC-502 for days

I can log into Citibank's website no issues. Quicken Deluxe cannot establish a connection for days...CC-502. Any resolution?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Mark Niles
    Mark Niles Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Having same issue for the last 2 weeks. Hoping for a solution asap.
  • jpedi
    jpedi Member ✭✭
    Same here, put one more on the list of people affected.
  • Lisa S
    Lisa S Member ✭✭
    Me too for almost 2 weeks.
  • jasnon
    jasnon Member ✭✭
    I also have an issue...last downloaded transactions for my two citibank accounts are April 6. Tried rebooting and update now directly from the accounts.
  • Johnny Youts
    Johnny Youts Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    When I try to connect to CitiBank, I receive error cc-502. This has been occurring for the last couple of weeks and reactivating my accounts through Quicken does not work. I can login to the Citibank website with no issue, just can't update through Quicken. :(:(
  • Same story... happens only for credit cards, though. Not banking.
  • D-Man
    D-Man Member ✭✭
    Same issue here - a few days now
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• i.fletcher
    i.fletcher Member ✭✭
    Same issue here ... see attached error. I can access my account on the citibank website just fine.
  • MrsT
    MrsT Member ✭✭
    Me too.
  • Jason712
    Jason712 Member
    Me too.
  • mblake5
    mblake5 Member ✭✭
    Add one more to this list....
  • twhite
    twhite Member
    Same issue here too
  • DKT
    DKT Member
    same issue for days
  • captmkj
    captmkj Member
    Same issue
  • ljsanta
    ljsanta Member
    Same issue for 2 weeks.
  • rccampbell
    rccampbell Member ✭✭
    Same here for approx 2 weeks.
  • mcoppock
    mcoppock Member
    Clearly, there's a problem with the system since so many of us have been having the same issue for the same length of time. Now the question is, when will it get fixed? The longer it takes, the more out-of-sync we get.
  • mtbdog
    mtbdog Member ✭✭
    This started happening with my Citi Costco card but hasn't happened with my other Citi card. The Costco card was web connect and the other is direct connect. I deactivated the Costco card and now can't activate.

I'm aware that this is an ongoing issue as of 4-12-2022. Just adding this info FWIW.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    mtbdog said:
    This started happening with my Citi Costco card but hasn't happened with my other Citi card. The Costco card was web connect and the other is direct connect. I deactivated the Costco card and now can't activate.

I'm aware that this is an ongoing issue as of 4-12-2022. Just adding this info FWIW.
    You may be able to setup the Citi Costco card account to use the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards as the financial institution.
  • Hippie
    Hippie Member ✭✭
    Have had the same problem for weeks and spending hours with chat support trying to fix then wait 24 hours try again then wait 48 hours try again then tell me after more wasted time I'm not the only one having this problem.
  • Khemo
    Khemo Member ✭✭
    Same problem here for about 2 weeks
  • mardis2003
    mardis2003 Member ✭✭
    Same issue daily for over 2 weeks as well :(
  • twnicolaysen
    twnicolaysen Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. The Citi website gives no clue about how to handle the issue. My workaround is to manually download transactions into Quicken.
  • Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem for 2 weeks
  • weileycoyote
    weileycoyote Member ✭✭
    The same has been happening to me over the last couple of weeks for Citi credit cards. I'm on a mac and can also login into the website.
  • haack57
    haack57 Member
    Same problem, at least 2 weeks.
  • wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Was working fine, but last download was 4/11. I disconnected the download, and tried to re-connect, but no luck CC-502 error.
    Quicken user since 1995 or so
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Also having this issue and don't remember when it started. At least a week, if not longer.
  • FlyGuyTx
    FlyGuyTx Member ✭✭
    Another one with this problem over the last few months. I only have credit cards with Citi these days, no bank accounts. But I realized today that one credit card was working fine, others were not. The difference? The one working ok is using “Citi Cards” not “Citibank” as the financial institution. And it was Direct Connect, not Express Web Connect.

Deactivated my other cards. At first, I was puzzled because when I tried to reactivate online services, it kept trying to use “Citibank” and Express Web Connect. Then I tried just adding a new account and using “Citi Cards” as the financial institution. It found the deactivated accounts and let me link them correctly in Quicken. The problem was almost solved.

For one account, only the last 7 days of transactions were downloaded. So my account wouldn’t reconcile. Since this problem had been going on for more than a week, some transactions were missing. I had to manually add those. Then I was able to reconcile and all was ok. Just hope that the connection continues to work, but I now realize that one account that was already on Direct Connect has never given me issues.

I hope this will help others that are having this issue.
This discussion has been closed.