Problem connecting with Discover Card

Options
jgel
jgel Member ✭✭
Is anyone else having issues wit downloading your Discover Card activity?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jgel said:
    Is anyone else having issues wit downloading your Discover Card activity?
    Hello @jgel

I apologize about these issues with account downloads. Thank you for inquiring about this matter on the Quicken Community.

In order to better assist you, we will require some additional information. When did this problem begin? What kind of problems are taking place during attempts to download information through online banking services? Are you noticing any error messages, and if so, what do they say?

I look forward to hearing your replies to these questions, should you have the chance to check back in with us about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • coppermocha
    coppermocha Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I too am having trouble downloading my Discover transactions into Quicken. All of my other credit cards are downloading properly. I get this Download error (-31) end user action required at the third party site. I am then directed to log into my financial institution, which i successfully do. Then what? No further directions on what to do after that? I was on Discover technical support and after 30 minutes they said to contact Quicken because there was no problems with my account on their end. I have latest version of Quicken, latest update, shut down and restart, the one step that did not work was to disconnect and reconnect my Discover account. After i hit disconnect it would not allow me to reconnect, it just told me to log into my financial institution again. Looks like a problem with Quicken as many others, not just Discover are having the same download issue.
  • OpusDB
    OpusDB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes - exact same problem for the last couple of weeks with Discover Card! All account/institutions connecting normally to grab transactions. Running latest Mac version. Have disconnected the account and attempted to reconnect multiple times, but now errors out every time now with FDP-101 when I try to re-establish a connection.

Before disconnecting account to try to resolve, I received Download Error (-32) CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND in the Account Status dialog after it attempted to connect in the process that worked normally before.) First noted problem a couple of weeks ago at the same time (coincidentally?) that Discover modified the "look" and organization of their web portal to view my account (also received a "Parsing" error in the Account Status dialog when connection issue first arose - didn't write down the code number.)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @coppermocha and @OpusDB

Thank you for joining this thread and sharing the errors that you are experiencing. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which Financial Institution instance are you connected with (Discover Bank, Discover Card, or Discover Card Account Center)? What Connection Type are you using with this instance? You can see the connection type by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type.

I look forward to hearing your responses. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• OpusDB
    OpusDB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Specifically have a Discover Card account, and have attempted to use both the "Discover Card" and "Discover Card Account Center" to re-establish connection to Quicken. Using "Quicken Connect" with each attempt (which is what I always used in the past.)
  • OpusDB
    OpusDB Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK - Just tried to use "Direct Connect" via "Discover Card Account Center" and... it worked. @"Quicken Jasmine" any downside to using Direct Connect (always avoided it as my bank wanted to charge for the service in the past)?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @OpusDB

Thank you for your responses. 

I am glad to hear that you were able to connect your Discover Card via Direct Connect. 

Discover may charge a fee to use Direct Connect, you may be able to find this information on their website or you can call in and speak with a representative who is familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken and they can tell you. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Disregard ... wrong section.
This discussion has been closed.