Problem with Citi cards

slhcrnp
slhcrnp Member ✭✭✭
I have the Costco and Advantage Citi cards and have been unable to have QFM connect with them for several days. I receive a message that the bank may be offline but now several days later there is still a problem. I reconnected and even changed my PW for Citi but no success.

Best Answers

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Check the account Downloads settings and see which connection type you're using. My guess is that it's Quicken Connect. If so, you should change it to Direct Connect. This is faster and more reliable; and it's free for Citi Cards. Speaking of which, make sure you select Financial Institution "Citi Cards" when setting it up.

Citi requires that you authorize Direct Connect from Quicken on their website. You will get instructions in Quicken when you first try to set up Direct Connect. If not, you will need to log into Citi then:
    1. Click Profile, top right
    2. then More Settings
    3. click Manage Desktop Apps in the Security section
    4. click Add Access and follow the instructions

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • slhcrnp
    slhcrnp Member ✭✭✭
    Hello - thanks for your response. Actually I just completely disconnected and then reconnected both accounts using Citibanks cards and was successful.
  • RickO
    @gregory13  It would be helpful to know if you have it connected with Quicken Connect or Direct Connect and the name of Financial Institution you have it set up under.
  • Lewis Bernstein
    Lewis Bernstein Member ✭✭
    I have not been able to download transactions from Citi Card for three days. How about getting a reply from Quicken as it seems that this is an ongoing problem now.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about this issue, though I apologize that you are currently experiencing this.

Please be aware that we currently have an open escalation ticket on Citibank/Citi Cards that is being worked on, though we do not have an ETA on solution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RickO
    @Lewis Bernstein I just successfully downloaded two cards from "Citi Cards" using Direct Connect. If you are set up with Quicken Connect, try changing it to Direct Connect. See instructions above.
  • ahochner
    ahochner Member ✭✭
    I have been having the same problem. Sometimes the download works but more often it doesn't. Today I tried at least 6 times. Please fix this. I was unable to change the setup because Quicken can't connect. I have no trouble accessing the Citi website. Fix this!

Quicken Mac subscriber. Have used Quicken Mac for 14 years.

> @"Lewis Bernstein" said:
    > I have not been able to download transactions from Citi Card for three days. How about getting a reply from Quicken as it seems that this is an ongoing problem now.
  • uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member ✭✭
    Help!!
  • Lewis Bernstein
    Lewis Bernstein Member ✭✭
    I can still pot download transactions from my Citi card. When is Quicken going to resolve this problem?
  • D Klein
    D Klein Member
    My problem is that when I reset after getting the error, it has somehow messed up my transactions history and is no longer correct. It shows that I have a positive balance when I do not.
  • Frank Hartman
    Frank Hartman Member ✭✭✭
    This is still an issue. I am running the Latest Release of Quicken for Windows, and have not been able to download transactions from Citi Cards for almost a month. This is Not Rocket Science. When is Quicken going to get this resolved?
  • SatKirk
    SatKirk Member ✭✭
    We have two completely separate Citi accounts. One downloads just fine. The other one has been getting CC-502 errors for about a week. How can I correct this? The FAQ says to "try it again", which obviously isn't working.
This discussion has been closed.