Is anyone still having trouble authorizing Capital One since the resolution last month?

Since the March 2022 announcement that the issue with connecting Quicken to Capital One and downloading transactions, I have never been successful with the new authorization process. The browser tab and messages from Capital One/Quicken indication that the authorization was successful.
When I return to Quicken I get an error that the "sign in failed due to a time out or connection error"
I've tried multiple times over the last couple of weeks. I've made sure I have the latest Quicken updates. I've restarted Quicken and rebooted my PC.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @qlt-pita,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this.

First, please save a backup prior to performing any troubleshooting steps (just in case). Then to start with, I recommend you try the following process provided below.
    1. Deactivate all Capital One accounts in Quicken
    2. Sign in at Capital One's website to access your online account 
    3. Click the profile icon on the top-right and select Security in the dropdown menu
    4. In Linked Apps, click the Link icon, then click Unlink in the pop-up
    Once that's done, go back to Quicken and navigate to  Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• qlt-pita
    qlt-pita Member
    Thanks I tried that before and just tried again. No luck. Capital One sends emails confirming that they are linked. But I get the timeout/connection error
  • Lori Rose
    Lori Rose Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. What is odd is that when I do the one step update it says the account is updated with "x" new transactions, but they don't ever show in the register.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    As Quicken Anja requested, problem reported and log files sent.
This discussion has been closed.