Adding New Account Keeps Hanging

Options
I have Home, Business and Rental Property Quicken for Windows, version R39.23. I try to add a new account (I tried with all checking, saving and auto loan), but Quicken keeps hanging. After 15-30 minutes I had to kill it. I specify that the account is an offline account.

I followed some of the instructions presented in this forum, like validating the data file, but no success.

Any information of what should I do is appreciated. Also, I have been a user since 2005, so I have some experience with the application. Usually there are workarounds that I was able to find, but I am stuck with this one!

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doinita said:
    I have Home, Business and Rental Property Quicken for Windows, version R39.23. I try to add a new account (I tried with all checking, saving and auto loan), but Quicken keeps hanging. After 15-30 minutes I had to kill it. I specify that the account is an offline account.

I followed some of the instructions presented in this forum, like validating the data file, but no success.

Any information of what should I do is appreciated. Also, I have been a user since 2005, so I have some experience with the application. Usually there are workarounds that I was able to find, but I am stuck with this one!

Thank you!
    Hello @Doinita,           

I am sorry to hear about this issue with software crashes and freezes when trying to add an account. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community.

Are you noticing this behavior with accounts associated only with certain financial institutions? Also, when did this issue begin? Lastly, where is your current active data file? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to seeing your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Doinita
    Doinita Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello,

I believe I figured out the issue: Bill Manager. I unlink all my reminders from the online bills, delete everything from the server and everything works better. I do not use this feature since I believe it is not mature enough, but I gave it a try when it debuted. It looks like it still creates issues.

Regards,
    Carmen.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doinita said:
    Hello,

I believe I figured out the issue: Bill Manager. I unlink all my reminders from the online bills, delete everything from the server and everything works better. I do not use this feature since I believe it is not mature enough, but I gave it a try when it debuted. It looks like it still creates issues.

Regards,
    Carmen.
    Hello @Doinita,      

Thank you for reaching out once again and providing an update as well as some additional context. I am sorry that the resolution still seems unclear, for the moment.

Just so I am sure that I understand the situation: has the freezing and crashing ceased since you removed the online bill reminders? I am glad to hear that the problem seems to have subsided, although it still may be worthwhile to check the location of the data file and to make sure that it is stored locally on your computer. Additionally, you may want to save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, and then attempt to validate the data file, by going through the steps listed below:

1. Navigate back to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.