Pentagon Federal Credit Union VISA cards download to wrong account

AllanDB
AllanDB Member ✭✭
I have two VISA cards at Pentagon Federal Credit Union and it appears that the downloaded transactions are going into the wrong account.

I have already reset the accounts and deactivated/reactivated the accounts but that did not solve the problem. The account numbers under the "Account Details" window are correct. However, if I download transactions directly from the Pen Fed website, they download correctly.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how this can be fixed.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @AllanDB,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error and for the delayed response. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Pentagon Federal Credit Union account(s) to see if the same error occurs. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AllanDB
    AllanDB Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion.

I created the test file and added the accounts for Pentagon Federal Credit Union. The test file has the same problem where the transactions download to the wrong account. It appears that the transactions for the newer of the two accounts all download to the older account.

Any further assistance would be appreciated.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @AllanDB,

Thank you for your response and for attempting the test file as well. 

Due to the accounts downloading incorrectly also in the test file, that would be something your financial institution is sending over to Quicken. I recommend reaching out to them for further information on how to proceed. It is recommended to request to speak with a Tier 2 Representative or with a Supervisor as they are usually more familiar with a third-party application such as Quicken. 

I hope this helps!
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    i have a similar issue. With the last update at Pentagon around the 1st of the year, I have been unable to download checking transaction. But with this last update, my checking transactions are downloading into one my credit card accounts.
  • Jim Hobin
    Jim Hobin Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Checking account transactions are going into Credit Card. Opening balance figures randomly changing. Direct download from PFCU works fine. I wouldn't put blame all on PFCU as mentioned in this thread. Pentagon has changed nothing since the beginning of the year according to Tier 2.

Quicken has a serious development and testing problem in their DEVOPS process. Updates are breaking working functions. I have to log on directly to get the truth. If you can't trust the information presented, why use the tool?
  • jaywbeardslee
    jaywbeardslee Member ✭✭
    Having similar problem with PFCU. Credit card account transactions from one CC downloaded into proper account and also into another CC account. Tried deactivating all PFCU accounts then setting them up again. This time transactions from a different CC account are now going to its correct account and the wrong account.
This discussion has been closed.