Citizens Bank - cannot login

jcarolan
jcarolan Member ✭✭
Using Quicken for Windows subscription and recently I can no longer log into citizens bank online. It fails authentication. I can go to the website and sign in just fine. I have reset my account and then tried again and it still didn't work. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jcarolan said:
    Using Quicken for Windows subscription and recently I can no longer log into citizens bank online. It fails authentication. I can go to the website and sign in just fine. I have reset my account and then tried again and it still didn't work. Any help appreciated.
    Hello @jcarolan

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account connections. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance and discussion. 

Are you noticing any error messages with specific code numbers when attempting to connect your account(s) to Citizens Bank? Also, have you noticed any prompts or notifications regarding third-party access to your online banking information on Citizens Bank's website? You may have to search your profile here for a location where third-party access could be enabled. 

I look forward to your response and hope to continue working with you on this, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    when I try to activate my account in one-step update I then get an error code of CC-503. I don't see anything on their site for 3rd party access. I've been using this account with quicken for many years without any problem so this is the first time i'm seeing this with the citizens bank online account. thanks,
    Jim
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    jcarolan said:
    when I try to activate my account in one-step update I then get an error code of CC-503. I don't see anything on their site for 3rd party access. I've been using this account with quicken for many years without any problem so this is the first time i'm seeing this with the citizens bank online account. thanks,
    Jim
    @jcarolan

Thank you so much for getting back to me and for providing the answers to those questions. I am sorry that this issue is ongoing and I apologize for any distress this has caused. 

First, be sure to verify your bank login information, as specified in the Support Article you can find here. Once you have confirmed the credentials you are using are accurate, try moving through the steps listed below if you are still receiving the CC-503 error message:

1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If the login ID or username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
    I look forward to hearing any updates you may be able to provide, and I hope to continue working with you on this in the future, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    thanks Jared - I did do these 3 steps before posting here in this forum. I just tried to log in again today through quicken. I still get the CC-503. I can go to the site on my browser and successfully log in with the same userid/pwd i tried to use inside quicken.
  • jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared - I just got it to work. I use Roboform to generate passwords and I had it set at 16 characters. 16 Characters is also within your guidelines on your website (https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503). Just for jollies, I shortened the length to 14 characters. When I did this it worked. Both Citizens Bank and Quicken say 16 is the max so not sure where the problem was. But at least it now works. Thanks for the help. regards, Jim
This discussion has been closed.