USAA Federal Savings Bank credit card updates

will66pu
will66pu Member ✭✭
USAA credit cards are not updating transactions in Quicken. Only the outstanding credit card balance is updated. Deactivating and reconnecting the accounts completes with apparent success, but no transactions are downloaded.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @rswenzel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    will66pu said:
    USAA credit cards are not updating transactions in Quicken. Only the outstanding credit card balance is updated. Deactivating and reconnecting the accounts completes with apparent success, but no transactions are downloaded.
    Hello @will66pu

I am sorry to hear about these issues with updates and transaction downloads. Thank you for bringing this matter about to the Quicken Community. 

Are you noticing any error messages when the transactions fail to download upon a One Step Update? Also, there is currently an Open Alert - linked here - regarding USAA Federal Credit Union accounts that may be related to this situation.

I hope this is helpful, and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rswenzel
    rswenzel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    [Removed - Duplicate]
  • rswenzel
    rswenzel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    [Removed - Duplicate] There are no error messages or codes. The download says complete but I currently have 13 transactions at USAA that will not download into quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @rswenzel,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the USAA Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rswenzel
    rswenzel Member ✭✭
    I've tried the test account. I get an error C-502, website down, try again later. I will keep trying.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @rswenzel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JoMu
    JoMu Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. Multiple completed transactions on USAA Credits cards (2 cards) which do not download... only the account balance is updated. All other USAA accounts (non-credit cards) download transactions fine. Only the credit cards are affected.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to add another voice to this, there is NO error message which is unlike what your Community Alert says. Everything says it updated correctly and the online balance does update, but since April 10th no new transactions download despite them being available for download on usaa.com. As with others, this is credit card only and all other USAA accounts download transactions fine.
    -Jay
  • Walter@@
    Walter@@ Member ✭✭✭
    JayBugs said:
    Just to add another voice to this, there is NO error message which is unlike what your Community Alert says. Everything says it updated correctly and the online balance does update, but since April 10th no new transactions download despite them being available for download on usaa.com. As with others, this is credit card only and all other USAA accounts download transactions fine.
    I am having the exact same problem-latest quicken version 40.13
  • CirrusHuet
    CirrusHuet Member ✭✭
    Same problem (no error message, online balance is updated, but no new transactions since April 10), latest Quicken version R40.13. Tried creating new Quicken file and adding USAA account from clean file, same issue, no data since April 10. CONNLOG file reports QFN: ICGetFileRequest returns 67186406
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone who is familiar with the connection logs please see if the transaction data is being provided and Quicken is missing something in looking at the format (so Quicken/data aggregator needs to fix) or if USAA isn’t sending the transaction data when requested? (Maybe compare logs from the 9th and earlier to current ones?)

That way we all know to whom requests need to go to fix this, Quicken or USAA.
    -Jay
  • lorisha7
    lorisha7 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, no new transactions downloaded since 4/10/22. Tried to disable and reconnect. For some reason the account number is a completely different number, not even close to my number. Also, tried to correct the number on the account overview and it went back to the wrong number.
  • esparker
    esparker Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I am having the same issue with three credit cards and no error message. The download says it completes without error, but no transactions have downloaded in about a week. I went to "Reset Account' from the account list on one of the cards, but the right account number does not appear on the list for reconnection.
    I also talked to USAA technical support, and they say everything looks right on their side and it must be a Quicken issue.
  • jesy_yeates
    jesy_yeates Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem and getting the same response from USAA. It feels like we just resolved the duplicate transaction issues several months back. What is the deal here? Will it take months again????
  • jhopper70
    jhopper70 Member
    Ditto on what most others have said. No transactions appearing on register since April 10. Account balance is updating , no error message but is message saying last download is the current time that I just tried.
  • Lizziep1999
    Lizziep1999 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. No error message and no transactions since April 07. Tried reconnecting. No joy, but account balance is correct.
  • will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    Log files of USAA updates in Quicken on three different dates are copied below

20220406 08:45:25: QFN: Beginning send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx
    20220406 08:45:31: QFN: End send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx, netstatus 0
    20220406 08:45:32:

20220414 19:18:21: QFN: Beginning send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx
    20220414 19:18:27: QFN: End send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx, netstatus 0
    20220414 19:18:28:

20220416 08:21:47: QFN: Beginning send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx
    20220416 08:21:53: QFN: End send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx, netstatus 0
    20220416 08:21:53:

The log files, before and after the April 10 date that USAA credit card transactions stopped downloading appear the same, i.e. the USAA connection displays no error and records successful updates. SO? it appears the problem is somewhere in Quicken, not USAA
  • MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    I am having this problem as well. The balance is updating but transactions are not downloading. The issues seems to coincide with my installing the R40.13 update. My other USAA accounts are fine. It's only the credit card transactions that are not downloading.
  • MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    I have not been able to download transactions since April 10.
  • Lizziep1999
    Lizziep1999 Member ✭✭
    I had the problem on R39.23. The version just previous to R40.13 but close.
  • rswenzel
    rswenzel Member ✭✭
    I was finally able to download from USAAA to a test file. Two checking accounts at USAA updated normally with transactions from Oct 2021 through today. The one credit card account loaded transactions from Oct 2021 through Apr 10. No transactions downloaded after that, despite over 20 additional transactions being cleared at USAA.com after Apr 10. Since Quicken knew correct ending balance, it gave me a bogus opening balance to make it look like everything balanced on Apr 10, even though it's missing numerous transactions. No errors were displayed at any point.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    @will66pu have/can you do the Report a Bug in Quicken and provide them those files to show it is likely a Quicken issue and not a USAA issue?

Also, since versions were being discussed, it isn't a new version new issue problem as I've been on Quicken Macintosh v6.5.3 for over a month now and have not updated to the 6.6.x line since the Quicken Cloud sync is so messed up and changing years old transactions and breaking transfers when it is on.
    -Jay
  • rswenzel
    rswenzel Member ✭✭
    Report was sent to Quicken last week. The only response has been through this community forum.
  • jesy_yeates
    jesy_yeates Member ✭✭
    When is someone from Quicken going to respond and at least tell us they understand the issue!
  • M_W_B
    M_W_B Member
    Has anyone else noticed that within the account Actions / Edit Account Details dialog box that their credit card number is wrong? Same thing if you try to Reset Account on the Online Services tab - wrong credit card numbers appear during the process. I thought this was a fraud/theft issue until I found this Quicken thread. Either Quicken is fabricating numbers or USAA is reporting bad numbers. That's got to be a clue to a support team somewhere.

I deactivated and then re-activated one credit card account and it *appears* to have worked. It finally gave me the missing transactions and the Edit Account Details dialog box now shows an X'ed out credit card number that appears to be correct now based on the last 2 digits that show. I can't be sure because those last 2 digits were how the wrong credit card number ended.
  • will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    The Quicken connection to USAA uses an account number generated during the initial connection process by Quicken to USAA. This special account number is used solely for the purpose of the connection, and it is different than your actual account number. This, I expect, is required by USAA security protocols. The Quicken connection also uses unique login credentials to USAA, different from those used to log into the USAA website. You would have had to retrieve these unique credentials by logging into the USAA website, when prompted to do so in the process of establishing a Quicken connection to USAA. This procedure would require Quicken software downloads of USAA transactions to map the special connection account number to the actual account number, and I suspect is the cause of the current problem with dissappearing USAA downloaded transactions.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Another way I’ve found to get Quicken to take action is to get on the live phone tech support. Those agents (at least some?) have access to the big database and can enter or check for bugs in a way that the development team actually sees.

The more of us that call into support (vs. just the online reporting in the application) the better. Please report anything any support reps say and push for them to go beyond the simple reset account, remove and add again, etc. that multiple people have now tried and aren’t a solution. Sadly it is the squeaky wheel on direct phone support that gets action…and not so much messages here to each other. Just my observations over many years.
    -Jay
  • rswenzel
    rswenzel Member ✭✭
    I just tried the deactivate, reactivate process...no new transactions downloaded. Same problem of no downloaded USAA credit card transactions since 10 Apr with no error messages. Called the Quicken support line, spent some time explaining the issue. They are working on it, with no idea of how long it's going to take. I did voice my displeasure with paying for a service that I was not receiving.
  • JoMu
    JoMu Member ✭✭
    I just spoke with a Quicken representative on the phone who could only offer that it is a known issue and they are working it; no expected time to have it fixed. As it wasn't too long ago when Quicken was downloading duplicate credit card transactions, it seems the interval between when Quicken works properly and doesn't work is growing shorter. Hopefully they resolve this issue in short order or I'll be looking to leave Quicken for more reliable software.
  • yatruxib
    yatruxib Member
    Although Quicken support is just so prompt & empathetic in addressing any issues (ha!), you might want to follow this thread over on USAA. I don't think it's yet clear whether the issue is with USAA or Quicken.
    https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Banking/Unable-to-download-USAA-VISA-card-transactions-into-Quicken-for/td-p/257622/page/2
This discussion has been closed.