Mac Version - Unable to Move Category to Be a Subcategory of a different Category

milesdm
milesdm Member
I moved from the Windows version to the Mac version a couple of years ago. One thing I was hoping to still be able to do is to edit a category to be in a different category than the one I originally assigned it to. Example: I had "Internet Service" to be a household expense, but then created a "Recurring Bills" category that I have Gas&Electric, Water, etc. assigned to. I want to move other recurring expenses to the Recurring Bills category and am unable to. Anyone else want to tweak their categories ?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can rearrange categories and subcategories using Drag & Drop.
    Open the Category List (Widows > Categories).
    Select a subcategory.
    Hold down the mouse key and drag to the desired category.

Note that you also change a category to a subcategory or a subcategory to a category using this procedure.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

Answers

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can rearrange categories and subcategories using Drag & Drop.
    Open the Category List (Widows > Categories).
    Select a subcategory.
    Hold down the mouse key and drag to the desired category.

Note that you also change a category to a subcategory or a subcategory to a category using this procedure.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @milesdm

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

In order to further assist you, I require some more information. Are you trying to re-categorize past transactions or re-categorize scheduled transactions going forward?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.